cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't receive sim card

Vic6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I would like to cancel my account, I haven't received my sim card yet. Is it possible to get a refund?

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vic6 wrote:

Hi,

If I have decided to cancel my account before sim card arrives. What are the process to go about it? I also want to know what charges are there if I have not activate my account. 

There should be no charges if you did not activate your account @Vic6 .

NOTE, we are not public mobile representatives here that normally post on the Community. You need to communicate to Public Mobile customer support/service by private messaging, either by chatbot (see chat bubble at bottom right) or go to your envelope and start a new private message to CS_Agent.

Refunds are not likely (as already mentioned), but a credit to your account may be if you asked, then activated once you obtained a sim card.

Vic6

Thanks for the response, I want to make sure if I could cancel without the receipt of my sim card. In hopes that I can get the full return of my payment. I am concerned if I activate the account, I am susceptable to a month's worth of payment. I understand I would need to pay the 10 dollars for the sim card. 

Would this be possible without sim card?

Thanks.

HI @Vic6 

PM is a prepaid provider and do not do refund.

But you still need to turn off the autopay so PM won't continue charging again

You should submit ticket with PM agent and tell them to remove the credit card from the system if you really want to cancel it before even trying the network 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Vic6

Hi,

If I have decided to cancel my account before sim card arrives. What are the process to go about it? I also want to know what charges are there if I have not activate my account. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vic6 - if you did not activate a sim card yet, then you should not be getting charged for the plan/account.

The sim card may still arrive in the mail, but note this normally comes through regular Canada Post letter service. So you are dependant on this service.

Are you located near a store where you can pick one up? See here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/pick-up-SIM

If you are, buy one and submit a ticket to CSA to ask for the amount to get credited to your account.

Go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support (direct link provided by @TheSterlinger )

In the meantime, if you do receive the sim card in the mail, keep it and use it as a friend referral, or incase you lose your phone (then you will need to obtain a new phone, and just swap that sim number on your account).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Vic6 

Public mobile usually does not offer refunds. 

When did you order the SIM card?  It takes up to 10 business days to receive SIM card. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How long has it been since you offered your SIM card? It can take up 3 weeks to arrive. If by that time is still hasn’t arrived then you can contact a Public Mobile CS agent about it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.