cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive PIN

RoseCalipay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi text says below but I did not receive a PIN. My phone shows SOS and can’t receive text anymore.

You have successfully created a new PIN. Keep this number safe as it'll be used to authenticate your identity.

4 REPLIES 4

Let me add some additional information here.  Generally, customers can get by without an account PIN code.  If a customer utilizes 611, an account PIN code is absolutely necessary.  Sometimes CSAs use account PIN code for identity verification.  With that said recent account setup has dropped account PIN code with no apparent justification.  Moreover the online account display for new accounts do not show account PIN code in the profile tab.  I recommend new customers create an account PIN code using the link below as it can come in handy.  

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/reset/pin

@RoseCalipay wrote:

Hi text says below but I did not receive a PIN. My phone shows SOS and can’t receive text anymore.

You have successfully created a new PIN. Keep this number safe as it'll be used to authenticate your identity.

The Public Mobile account PIN isn't actually needed to use the service, nor would chaning your account PIN  make the phone go into SOS mode.  Was the Public Mobile service working before?  The first thing that I would try, if you haven't already, is to restart your device.  If that doesn't work, I would also suggest to visit devicecheck.ca to view the status of your phone's IMEI.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@RoseCalipay 

If it is the SIM PIN you require then just contact a CS_Agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To change the PIN for your account, login to the PM app then your account and click on the Account tab>Reset PIN Number.

IMG_0196.png

If you have a Samsung phone then you need to contact Samsung Canada.

The above isn't right. Neither Samsung Canada nor Public Mobile customer support agents should be contact about the SIM card PIN.  Unless the customer has changed the SIM card PIN, it is 1234, and if the customer has changed it but doesn't remember the SIM card's PIN, there isn't any way for Samsung nor Public Mobile to provide the SIM card's PIN.  As for the SIM card's PUK, then yes, Public Mobile can provide that to the customer, but the SIM card's PUK isn't even needed if the customer knows that SIM card's PIN (which should be 1234).

Having a Samsung phone does not mean necessary mean that Sasmung Canada needs to be contacted.  The only thing that they can help with would be either the SIM Network Unlock PIN or the SIM Network Unlock PUK, both which are unrelated to the SIM card's PIN.  These codes are about the phone being locked to another carrier.  If it's not the SiM Network Unlock PIN or the SIM Network Unlock PUK that is needed, Samsung can't provided any assistance even if the phone is a Samsung model.

It's important to first estbalish what the customer actually needs.  The customer getting a bunch of unrelated codes from different sources and then trying to take guesses about which one is needed can actually be harmful.  Depending on the type of code needed, it could render the SIM card permannently useless or make the phone device harder to unlock.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RoseCalipay 

If it is the SIM PIN you require then just contact a CS_Agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To change the PIN for your account, login to the PM app then your account and click on the Account tab>Reset PIN Number.

IMG_0196.png

If you have a Samsung phone then you need to contact Samsung Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.