cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery time for my new sim card

Sara_Layli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed to a 90 days plan last night and my sim card will be delivered on June11 th, I thought I will be delivered on first of June ,I really need new number ,Is there any way that I can have access to number sooner or cancel the plan and get a refund?

13 REPLIES 13

@THG wrote:

Hi Sara, I just received my SIM card. It took 5 business days to receive which was faster than what it said in the confirmation email (it was supposed to arrive by June 4th). It arrived by Canada Posts. You might receive your SIM card before June 11th but I do not think you can expect to receive it today! Good luck!

Canada Post doesn't normally deliver regualr mail on a Saturday.  Also, the customer ordered the SIM card on Thrudsay night.  There's almost no chance of the SIM card arrivng today.

THG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Sara, I just received my SIM card. It took 5 business days to receive which was faster than what it said in the confirmation email (it was supposed to arrive by June 4th). It arrived by Canada Posts. You might receive your SIM card before June 11th but I do not think you can expect to receive it today! Good luck!

@Sara_Layli wrote:

Thank you for your response.If I buy one from mobile clinic and the new number that will be arrived  is different, would not this be a problem?

While is true that you can use any valid Public Mobile physical SIM card that has never been used before, getting it through any means such as Amazon or at a retail store will cost more money. You will need to buy the SIM card.  It will not be free. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Sara_Layli 

just download the free Public Mobile app to activate a new PM account..both hard sim and esim's are free right now too.

@Sara_Layli 

Please do not do the above.  Activating a new account will cause you to be charged for a second plan.  To change to your current Public Mobile account to an eSIM activation, you will need to open a ticket throught the chatbot and ask a Public Mobile customer support agent for help.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Then users ought to pay more attention.

@Sara_Layli — if you pick up a Sim card from a corporate TELUS OR KOODO location, then use the self serve store to associate the SIM with your service.

You will find it under your profile tab.

@Sara_Layli 

just download the free Public Mobile app to activate a new PM account..both hard sim and esim's are free right now too.

Sara_Layli

Thank you for the response. How I can swich it with e sim card?

Sara_Layli

Thank you for your response.If I buy one from mobile clinic and the new number that will be arrived  is different, would not this be a problem?

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Everyone use to amazon delivery and they forget how slow snail mail is.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sara_Layli 

You subscribed on May 30 thought you would get the card by June 1?

Really?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Sara_Layli 

It takes about 3 weeks or more to get it directly from Public Mobile. If you want it faster, here are two ways.

Amazon 

or

Search your closest store that will have one.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pick-up-SIM 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sara_Layli 

you need the sim to activate a new PM account. If there's a Mobile Klinik in your area, they sell the PM sims. Otherwise if your cell will accept esim, you can request that right away.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not without a sim card. You could by one off amazon and have it in about a day or 2 depending on where you live. Or you could use WhatsApp or text now for a temporary number but you need wifi

Need Help? Let's chat.