cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim vs esim

Homiejoshie2010
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I purchase a SIM card for my public mobile iPhone xr? Having too many issue porting number over.

19 REPLIES 19

Homiejoshie2010

Thank you guys will go get a SIM card today

hi @Homiejoshie2010 

after you have the sim card, please message support agent and they will update the sim card number for you.  Message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Homiejoshie2010

Then when I have the SIM card what are the steps? Sorry this has been such a mess which is probably our fault.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Homiejoshie2010, use the links provided by @hTideGnow for buying a physical SIM card. I will just add that you should avoid buying one directly from Public Mobile only because it can take anywhere from one week up to 3 weeks to arrive by Canada Post.

If you want a SIM card fast, go in person to a Telus/Koodo or Mobile Klinik store and pick one up for around $10 but call ahead to make sure they have them in stock. You can also buy from Amazon for $5 and if you have a Prime account with them it should arrive next day with with free shipping

Homiejoshie2010

How do I go about buying a SIM card?

Homiejoshie2010

He cant received calls anymore on the old. And i was trying to send the verification code to his phone to login to PM app and he wouldn’t received the text. I want to purchase a sim card and forget this whole esim thing. Only i cant login so who can help me here getting a sim card?

eddieO

@Homiejoshie2010, I made a mistake in my earlier reply, I said you should have received an email from the old provider but it would actually be an SMS (text) message. If your son used his number to port over then he should have received this message. Is the old provider's SIM still working? If you try to call your number does it go through?

@Homiejoshie2010 wrote:

I can’t even login to our PM account because my son used his old Koodo number has verification number. 

Hi @Homiejoshie2010 

then buying physical sim card and ask PM support help to update is the quicker way

Homiejoshie2010

I can’t login to my account because old Koodo number is use has verification and we can’t received any text now

Homiejoshie2010

Never received any email to say yes to port number over 

I can’t even login to our PM account because my son used his old Koodo number has verification number. 

eddieO

@Homiejoshie2010, did you try restarting your phone after porting? Have you confirmed that the old provider's SIM is no longer working? Your old provider should have sent an email confirming you wanted to transfer you number out, did you receive this message and reply "Yes" within 90 minutes?

Edited: should have said the old provider should have sent SMS (Text), not email

HI @Homiejoshie2010 

if you can login to PM app, you can  buy a new one from the app (Account tab) and it might resolve the problem

if you decide to rebuy, ask PM to reimburse the cost as replacement esim is FREE

but if you rather less trouble, then get a physical sim and ask PM support to update it for you (or you can update the sim card number yourself if you can login My Account)

Homiejoshie2010

Nothing is working

deleted old eSIM and need new one to try again. It’s 2 weeks I am trying to get this working

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Homiejoshie2010 

is your porting already done and the service is working? is there problem and you need to change to physical sim?

Buy a PM physical sim card form Telus or Koodo store or via Amazon:

Telus or Koodo store https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pick-up-SIM
Amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/Public-prepaid-postpaid-Activate-Allinone/

Then message support agent and ask them to help to update your account with the new sim card:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hi @Homiejoshie2010 

you can do this yourself by buying a new one

just download PM app on your new phone, login and go to the Account page to buy and install

in fact, you can message support after to get an reimbursement as replacement esim is free

eddieO

@Homiejoshie2010 just go into your PM app, go to "Account" tab and click on the "Purchase SIM card" option. From there you can select eSIM and even though it will show a price you will not be charged in the end since you already had an eSIM with Public Mobile. They will then send you a new email with QR code

Homiejoshie2010

Need new eSIM request sent to my email. Deleted old one.

Need Help? Let's chat.