cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted esim and couldn't get into my account

Fraydknott1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sold my iPhone so cleared everything. It deleted sim.  Then wouldn't let me log into my account to purchase a new one on my new device.  If I get a physical sim how will I get it connected to my number?  I had to buy a whole new subscription to have a useable phone.  I need my number for ALL my 2Fa. Even my recovery email needs to send a code for me to put it on my new device to get anywhere. PLEASE HELP all my cloud storage is connected to the phone number I can't access 😞 

5 REPLIES 5

@Fraydknott1 

so the "Send Email" option was not there after you clicked the "Didn't Receive code" on the 2FA screen?

if that is the case, you will need support's help.  Please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Fraydknott1

I can't get the 2fa I I tried my  email for hours it doesn't recognize my email like the account didn't exist 

Fraydknott1

Didn't meant to accept this as a solution.   My account did not work after I deleted the esim i tried to send a 2fa to my email and it did not recognize my email as to send the code I tried for hours.  If I get a physical sim can I still get my phone number to work?  I still have an active phone number and subscription (I had to sign up for a new one with a new number)  so the old one is still active but the log on didn't work. And now the email I have to use is associates the new phone number.  If I get a physical sim can I activate it with the number I had?? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fraydknott1 

Your iCloud storage doesn’t have anything to do with access to your account.

Once you access your account by sending the 2FA code by email by click on Resend Code/Didn’t receive Code then head over to Change SIM Card Number in the Profile section.

@Fraydknott1 wrote:

I sold my iPhone so cleared everything. It deleted sim.  Then wouldn't let me log into my account to purchase a new one on my new device.  If I get a physical sim how will I get it connected to my number?  I had to buy a whole new subscription to have a useable phone.  I need my number for ALL my 2Fa. Even my recovery email needs to send a code for me to put it on my new device to get anywhere. PLEASE HELP all my cloud storage is connected to the phone number I can't access 😞 

Changing SIM cards won't change your phone number as long as you attach it to your already existing Public Mobile account.  Unfortunately,  a new account shouldn't have been opened. You will need to purchase another Public Mobile SIM card but have it attached to your old account. To get into your Self Serve account for your old account, you will need to have the 2FA code for Public Mobile's Self Serve account sent to your e-mail address.

Need Help? Let's chat.