cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay Porting - Pay for 2 carriers?

sf1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My billing from my previous carrier is coming up and I don't think my number will be ported successfully in time.  Can I call them up later to give me a refund if I prove to them that I initiate porting to Public Mobile since last week?  Or should I call them to hurry up and release my number?

7 REPLIES 7

sf1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for all the replies.

My port went through today and I don't have to pay my old service anymore.

and thank you PM technicians who looked into the ticket.

@Devil_tear wrote:
If you have a pay before account you should be eligible for a refund by your old carrier...

For prepaid service, I don't know of any carrier who would refund you for the remainder of an unused month. Once the service is paid for, you're not going to get your money back.

icekain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since Telus told me that mine is prepaid service, they do not reimburse a pro-rated amount back to me which is quite unfortunate.  So i just kept both phones active until the end of the cycle. Might as well maximize the use of it since it is already paid 🙂

More dramatically: DO NOT CLOSE YOUR ROGERS ACCOUNT KEEP IT ACTIVE

Also:

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
If you have a pay before account you should be eligible for a refund by your old carrier... If you have a pay after account you have nothing to worry about because you will pay only for the days that you actually used your service, and you will be charged on the usual day of the month when your carrier pulls the funds for your account... Phone your current carrier and ask them info just to be safe...

surf99992001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah I called Rogers, for example, when checking status, and they confirmed for the new month, (I used 1-2 days, my bill was going to be pro-rated based on usage, once port become 100% official.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

your old carrier will/should pro-rate your last bill. so if you use 2 days they should refund you 28ish.  oyu mighyt need to ask for it.  but it usually appears in your final bill

Need Help? Let's chat.