cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Promo plan Future dating query.

manuvarghese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I would like to move to PM by Dec 20th 2016 due to current contract and make use of the fall promo. 

I had ordered & received the sim card yesterday and would like to have the following queries addressed before the activation.

Below are the steps that I am planning 

1. Activate PM this week with a Text only plan (10 days) - 11$ + tax with Autopay disabled. 

2. Future date the Fall promo and let it start after 10 days of Text only plan (to avail the offer by 20th Nov) 

3. Top up my account on Dec 19th 2016 with 120 or so

4. Get the fall promo plan from Dec 19/20. 

Will this work ? 

a) When i future date the fall promo, and if there is not enough credit in my account will the plan change still happen ? 

b) if yes, can I avail the fall promo (120$) plan later (within 90 days of passive state) by topping up by account using PM vouchers / credit card ?

c) is the validity of new fall plan (90 days) from the date of top up or will it be from date of original activation ? 

d) If I enable autopay on 19th Dec - will i get auto pay credit (6$) on the Dec billing or from the second billing, ie after 90 days ?

Request your support. 

16 REPLIES 16

@manuvarghese That's great to hear 🙂 

manuvarghese

Yes, I am using the promo plan with PM now. 🙂 

Thanks

@manuvarghese This post just showed up in my search result. I am just wondering if you were able to get the fall promo plan as planned back in November?

Oh ok, that makes sense. I think it's not very clear from the post. 

Ahhh... there were a few (maybe a bunch) who activated very low cost 10, 30 or 90 day plans, because they wanted to wait until their current contracts were over, or device payments were closer to ending.

They still needed to active the plan before Nov 20, and future date for whatever renewal date they acquired.   It was a complicated situation that I didn't understand.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for your reply. 

From the discussion in this post, it sounds like the person is trying to open a new account, that's why I was wondering how is it possible to open a 10day account now and future date the promo now?

The SIM needed to be ordered before Nov 16th, or be picked up at one of three special pick up locations before Nov 20th, to be activated, or future dated.

The plan is not valid any longer for anyone who has not yet got a SIM, nor ordered it before November 16th.

New customers who have a valid SIM, can still activate the SIM on the Promo Plan *if* they can prove the SIM was ordered before November 16th (order number as example)

Existing customers whose plans didn't expire in the Promo period had an option to future date to their next renewal (mine is Dec 17), as long as they did so before November 20th.

Other than that, the Fall 2016 Promo is no longer offered.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

sorry, I'm a little confused by this, if the account hasn't even been activated, how is it possible to get the promo now or future date it?  

Will the promo option be available anywhere, even in the future dated section?

@manuvarghese wrote:

Just signed up with 25$ plan and future dated the promo plan on renewal. However I haven't received an email confirmation and I forgot to take screenshots. 

Is there a way to have the plan change documented ? 

Can't you see the plan change request in your self-serve account? I don't think you get any email for this. 

manuvarghese

Just signed up with 25$ plan and future dated the promo plan on renewal. However I haven't received an email confirmation and I forgot to take screenshots. 

Is there a way to have the plan change documented ? 

@manuvarghese As Luddite suggested above, activate 30 days text only plan for $25 on Nov 18th or 19th. Make a plan change before Nov 20 to new promo plan and have that automcatically change on the next renewal on Dec 18th or 19th. Enable AutoPay when you activate so you can earn that $6 towards next renewal. 

@manuvarghese wrote:

I believe the suspension will kick in one day after the active plan date ? 

As I will be scheduling a plan change after the 10 day, that should precede the suspension and thus the existing plan on suspension should be the fall promo plan. 

Or is the suspension takes priority over a plan change ? (I assume it doesn't)

Do whatever you think best. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

manuvarghese

I believe the suspension will kick in one day after the active plan date ? 

As I will be scheduling a plan change after the 10 day, that should precede the suspension and thus the existing plan on suspension should be the fall promo plan. 

Or is the suspension takes priority over a plan change ? (I assume it doesn't)

manuvarghese

Appreciate the quick response. 

In case of a plan change 'error' - the onus will not be on the customer as the customer have initiated a plan change during the promo period and thus I believe the mods will be able to resolve it. 

Or does this violate any TnC of the promo ?

NOPE. If your plan goes into suspension you can only reactivate the plan you had at expiry OR one of the then current plans. 

Take the least expensive 30 day plan and post date activation of promo, OR pay off current provider and move now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It can work but in case of plan change error, there is a chance you can loose that promo. 

Your thinking is the same as mine. Since you will make plan change before Nov 20, and on your renewal it will wait for payment and put your acount into Expired/Suspended. When you top up your account, i guess it should renew with new plan, but i am not 100% sure. 

You will not get $6 autopay credit right away since you will enable it after topping up. 

EDIT: Thanks Ludidte for clarifying, see the reply below. 

Need Help? Let's chat.