cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferral of the deactivation date for few days

nantsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community members

Below is the status of my account. My question is simple is it possible to request an extension/defer for the deactivation day for few days to adjust with my travel plans to Canada? Grateful to any advice.

• Your plan expired on May 16, 2021.
  • Top up before Aug 14, 2021 or your account will be deactivated.
8 REPLIES 8

@Yummy @Meow 

Indeed @Anonymous is correct and lucky for him he has a $10 account. I have a couple of accounts that regularily suspend their sevices for 60 to 90 ( really 88/89 days). With the $15 plan and autopay you would pay $39 ($45-$6(autopay)=$39) to keep your phone number for just under a year ....about 355 to 360 days. If you suspend for more than 60 days your loyalty reward will be delayed by the amount suspension time before increasing $1/yr.

It's a good idea if possible to time suspensions for reactivation in the month of December to take advantage of any possible "more the merrier" gifts from pm.

@nantsa 

Unfortunately you cannot change the cancellation date of 90 days for accounts being deactivated. Please note you have to pay before 90 days not on the 90th day. Make arrangements for payment by day 88/89 at the latest. If your account is suspended via lost/stolen you must remove it (resume) before you make a payment to reactivate services. This is especially important if paying via 611 as it will accept the payment but will not automatically renew services as designed because it cannot remove the lost/stolen status from your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow , @Yummy : Yes. I keep one. I call it my "dormant" account. Pay every ~4 months. You get 30 days of service and then maximum 90 says suspended. Loyalty is another matter officially or otherwise.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

Somebody could clarify can you do that every 3 months or no just to keep a number but not to have a service.

This is interesting question I would like to know answer too.

So, somebody obtained a PM service in Jan. Did not pay for Feb, Mar, Apr. Got a warning (maybe, I do not know how that works) that service will be deactivated. Then customer paid for May. Again no payment for Jun, Jul, Aug. Warning. Paid for Sep, etc.

Is this situation possible just to keep a number (for whatever reason)?

Will 'loyalty' bonus be applied after a year or being 'sort of' client?

@nantsa wrote:

Hello community members

Below is the status of my account. My question is simple is it possible to request an extension/defer for the deactivation day for few days to adjust with my travel plans to

I truly doubt you can request extension of your deactivation date. I believe it is cast in stone and due to no payment for 90 days your account will be deactivated - meaning you will lose your service, phone number, rewards, etc. and in order to be PM client again you will have to buy new SIM card, activate it, pick a phone number, etc.

I would suggest to pay for a month in order to keep your number and continue to be PM customer.

Somebody could clarify can you do that every 3 months or no just to keep a number but not to have a service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nantsa : I've not heard of any deferral possible.

You'll need to:

1. register a card on the self-serve and make the required payment (sometimes Amount due gets confused),

2. buy a voucher online and redeem it in the self-serve, 2(a) or use 18554public if you can call a toll-free number from where you are,

3. have someone else buy a voucher locally and give you the PIN# and also use the self-serve or the toll-free number, 3(a) or that someone else can use the toll-free and redeem it for you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nantsa 

You only need a few days extension.  Just renew now before your account is cancelled.  The 90 days cancellation after suspension cannot be extended.

I think your only option is to topup and reactivate a plan before Aug 14 if you would like to keep your same phone number. You don't need to be in Canada to add/update a credit card and add a topup amount to reactivate a plan while abroad.  There are alternate payment services that add a premium if paying by credit card isnt an option as well. If you have friends/family in Canada you could ask someone to purchase a Public Mobile payment voucher from a store or gas station like husky, shell, superstore, walmart etc and tell you the activation code.

Otherwise, you can just let it expire, you'll lose your number, and you'll need to buy a new SIM, and pick a new number.

nantsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community members

Below is the status of my account. My question is simple is it possible to request an extension/defer for the deactivation day for few days to adjust with my travel plans to Canada? Grateful to any advice.

• Your plan expired on May 16, 2021.
  • Top up before Aug 14, 2021 or your account will be deactivated.
Need Help? Let's chat.