Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate an account

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen


I would like to ask how can i deactivate my account,I had a lot of trouble that was going on as my phone cant receive phone calls.

Found out that Rogers said it is not properly ported . ? That's why my number that i am using is on two service provider. Rogers said that public mobile should have send a order number that stating that i was transferred and keep the same number.

The solution that they said is to change the number from public mobile so it will work again,

 I have to stay on this provider (rogers) as I am having a hard time with signal and cant get code for my authentication app.

I am paying 2 network for 2weeks plus that my phone is not working.

I want to cancel mine now at public mobile and if i can refund the remaining days.

What are the steps i should make as I cannot contact a person here for customer service.


Thanks a lot!






Mayor / Maire

@MYCHEF , I did reply but my messages disappeared!


Just to verify I understood you correctly, Did you try to port your number out of Public Mobile by:


If you were previously trying to port out, For additional security, your Previous service provider will send a text to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer. Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your new provider’s SIM card until you have responded to this message. If you miss the 90 minute window to respond to the text to port over you will need to send the request again.



You can also select lost/stolen phone on your Public Mobile account & after 90 days of non payment your account will be permanently closed. However you will not be able to port your phone # out when doing it this way!



To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:


  1. Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.
  2. Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.


Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Mayor / Maire



To "deactivatel" , you can either port out your number to another provider and your account will be closed upon successful port out of the number


Or you disable Pre-Authorized payments instead.  Once it is disabled, PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed


To disable Pre-authorized payment, you can use *611 if you know the 4 digits PIN


Or you can also login to My Account and go to Payment page -> Manage Payment Method, and then disable Pre-Authorized payment.