cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 22 still no service!

abayabay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have gotten the fall deal on the 20th November and signed up and and everything, but still no service when I call I get " you don't have an active long distance plan" message although I am in my home province. I can't browse anything. I can't send or receive messages. My account is active but have not been able to do use my phone for the last three weeks. I emailed supported three times no fix, Please help this is very frustrating for paying and not getting any service. On top of all that I posted here four days ago nothing, I messaged a mode nothing either.
At this point I'm just about ready to throw this phone because it's useless although no already spent $134.
8 REPLIES 8

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'll tag @Shazia_K hopefully she can help you tomorrow, if she's in of course.

abayabay
I have messaged a mod on Monday but still nothing

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had similair problem, and I even reset my phone to factory default. It did not work.

You need a mod. help.

I think you are stuck waiting for the moderators; hopefully in the morning as they have left for the day.

If you requested a transfer of a number, it's failure may have caused your lack of service. If you are  trying to port-in, check this out:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

Here's a rather long checklist you may already worked through:

- go to settings, then general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is a profile delete it

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- LAST desperate measure when all else fails; erase all data and restore phone to factory settings

Sorry can't be more helpful.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

abayabay
I have an iPhone 5s that is unlocked and I have been using it on multiple networks no problem, my selfserve says that I am active but when I make a call within my home province I get "you don't have an active long distance plan" message. When I install the SIM card I get the public mobile name and two or more bars depending where I'm located.

What message is shown on your phone with the PM SIM installed; No SIM, No Service, Public Mobile with bars, Enter Code, etc.?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

You need to provide more information.

what specific phone model do you have.  Have you checked it's compatible with Public Mobile, is it unlocked (or locked to Telus), and do you get a signal?

Did you port your number in, did the port fail or complete?

Help us help you, give us information so we can direct you accordingly.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to tag a mod to this post.

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.