cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data?

Jacob2222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,  I’m in Canada,  and wondering if my data will work when I travel to Asia etc?  

6 REPLIES 6

@Freay wrote:

@Jacob2222  The data plan is only within Canada not outside the country  I suppose the US is not working as well. If you go outside of Canada there is Data Roaming, you can talk to customer service directly, To contact customer support: Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chatbot click here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

In this situation, there's isn't any reason for the customer to contact Public Mobile.  The service being requested isn't offered.

Freay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jacob2222  The data plan is only within Canada not outside the country  I suppose the US is not working as well. If you go outside of Canada there is Data Roaming, you can talk to customer service directly, To contact customer support: Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chatbot click here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Much more reliable and cost efficient to go local for sure.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jacob2222 

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not offer international roaming (except for USA, where you will need to purchase extra 10 day roaming packages).  Your Public mobile service will not work in Asia. Cheaper to purchase a local SIM card and use data that way.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jacob2222   The bad news is NO.  PM's service only work in Canada or US (with roaming add-on).  So, the data won't work in Asia

Good news is that Asia has cheaper data there, so, you can get local data SIM cheaply to get connected

You might want to setup a VoIP acocunt with TextNow or Fongo to make free calls and text to Canada

And make sure you change your 2FA method to email (not as safe) or Authenticator app (best) if you need access to your banking, email or social media.

Public Mobile service will not work anywhere outside Canada or the U.S. (plan that includes roaming or roaming add-on required for use in the U.S.).

Need Help? Let's chat.