Data

MasonG59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I access unlimited data plans?

4 REPLIES 4

appy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey @MasonG59,

I don’t think Public Mobile has truly unlimited high-speed data plans right now. They do offer plans where you get a lot of data (like 50GB or 60GB), but after that, the speed drops to 512 Kbps. At that speed, you can still do basic stuff like GPS or messaging, but streaming or anything heavy becomes pretty much impossible.

It’s worth keeping an eye on their plans, though, because they sometimes change or run promotions. Hopefully, something better pops up soon!

Good luck!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MasonG59  Check in your account last i saw there was one 50GB + 10GB 5G unlimited data for $34 

so basically 60GB for $34 with throttled data up to 512 Kbps after plan data used up . 

Handy1_0-1728832672030.png

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MasonG59, something to consider when PM does have unlimited data plans is that they are throttled once you reach a certain point and that throttle speed is very slow, okay for GPS perhaps and maybe some other very light data apps but definitely not good for streaming video or doing multiple things at once like music and gps

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MasonG59  Unless you see one as an option when logged in to your account there aren't any being offered at present.  Plans offered change periodically so all you can do is keep checking back.

Need Help? Let's chat.