cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Maddie-Jaclyn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't seem to submit a ticket to talk to an agent. My question is, if I buy unlimited data, meaning I can't go over, could I tether my phone data to my TV and tablet without Wifi or Internet? Internet plans keep going up. And I have used all the WISp's available to me. Promo to promo but then my prices keep going up for no reason. I'm getting frustrated and rather pay for data and tether my data than to keep paying rediculous prices.

6 REPLIES 6

@Maddie-Jaclyn1 wrote:

I can't seem to submit a ticket to talk to an agent. My question is, if I buy unlimited data, meaning I can't go over, could I tether my phone data to my TV and tablet without Wifi or Internet? Internet plans keep going up. And I have used all the WISp's available to me. Promo to promo but then my prices keep going up for no reason. I'm getting frustrated and rather pay for data and tether my data than to keep paying rediculous prices.

When cell phone carriers say "unlimited", they don't really mean unlimited.  Most have clauses saying that there are limits at their descretion.  If someone is using the a cellular service on a regular basis for something such as video streaming and otherwise as a regular home internet connection, I would expect the service to be eventually cut off.  I'm not saying that's right, nor I have a seen anything in the Public Mobile terms of service about this, but carriers do often enforce some type of fair-use/reasonable-use clause. Public Mobile does make vague mention of some form of traffic shaping when it comes to video streaming.

dwh1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As has been said, once you go past the amount of data in your plan on a 5G plan, you will be at 512 bps unlimited until your next billing cycle. That is NOT enough for video.  To give you a good example, my first broadband internet connection in/around 1999 was 1 mbps plan (twice as fast) and video was only viable if it was a little window on the screen. High definition full screen video will NOT work, and I would advise you to not even try.  Mobile plans in Canada - from any carrier - are simply not sufficient to replace home internet with any real degree of usage.

You really should have all of your home use on an unlimited plan with at least 25 mbps of speed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn1 - what plan are you on? Maybe you just need to change your plan to a higher data limit. Log into My Account and see the option to change your subscription.

Public Mobile doesn't make this information obvious....Ways to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support (link is provided in #3 below as well). 

3 -Use this link (same as #2)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn1  5G plan does come with unlimited data but once your monthly data bucket used it gets throttled to 512 kbps which is fine for email and reading in web . But will buffer like crazy for video . 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn1  Here’s how to submit a ticket with support 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Maddie-Jaclyn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ISP not WIS*

Need Help? Let's chat.