cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usuage stats not matching between device and selfserve

anny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So yeah. My iPhone says my usage is at only 808 KB but when I log into public mobile self serve it says I used 6.1 MB. I've been connected mostly to wifi today since inserting my sim card in and reseting usuage stats today. 

The frist few hours in the begining they were matching pretty well (iphone and self serve stats) but all of a sudden I just checked I see it is a huge difference. 

What do you guys think is happening. Is my iPhone not recording accurately?

Thanks in adanced. 

11 REPLIES 11

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I also have discrepancies between the data counters.  But in my case, the amount of data used is higher on public mobile than it is on my data counter.

But I always go with the public mobile number cause that's the amount of data that I really have.  Cheers,

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I also think your phone is counting wifi usage.

PM's data counter is the one that counts. By any chance does your data counter include wifi usage?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

skwan
I've a Samsung phone and found out the data usuage from my account at Public Mobile website is only around 2.5G while on my phone show I've used over 5G since start of my plan (90 days for 6G). I'm a bit worry that I'll over my plan limit before end of the period. Please help. Thanks.

Stephen

skwan
I've a Samsung phone and found out the data usuage from my account at Public Mobile website is only around 2.5G while on my phone show I've used over 5G since start of my plan (90 days for 6G). I'm a bit worry that I'll over my plan limit before end of the period. Please help. Thanks.

Stephen

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad it got/is getting  sorted.

not sure about iphone, but andoid only does monthly data tracking which doesnt work well with 90 day plans. mydatamanager allows you to setup 90day plans  so you have data usage forcasted for that time not monthly.

anny

Yeah it seems to have ironed itself out so far. It is now matching KB for KB between decice and service provider. 

I'm going message a mod about getting back my 6 MB of phantom data now. Naw jk. 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Built in data tracking in your phone is accurate enough.  But for data amounts that tiny, I'm pretty sure PM's tracking is a bit wonky.  Don't worry, it's highly unlikely that PM will be tracking your data at 6+ times the amount you're actually using. 🙂

anny
Oh I'm just using the built in data tracker in the settings app. Are there party supposed to be more accurate?

As mentionned above give it some time, it should go back to normal. Also what are you using to track the data ? is it the IOS tool or a different app you used from app store. like My data Manager .

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

give it   a week. one day of stats is not a good data set.  But I do think there might be some phantom data usage on day one. 

Need Help? Let's chat.