cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Krumpledroses
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

In the last two months I have noticed I am using a lot more data than usual. I checked out the usage history and it keeps telling me that I am using 100 or 200MB of data at around 12am (which is 10pm in my time zone). However, I am always at home during this time and would be connected to my home wifi rather than using my data. Does anyone else have this issue? I am not sure what is going on especially since it only started two months ago. 

5 REPLIES 5

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Krumpledroses 

Your very welcome.

I glad you found your solution.

Krumpledroses
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay!! I think that makes a lot more sense. I was so confused as I didn't think I was using data at that time. You are saying that it updates at midnight and won't actually show the exact time I used that data. I probably use the data earlier in the day. Thank you so much

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Krumpledroses , what phone do you have?  It used to be that iPhones with WiFi assist could allow mobile data to be used while on WiFi.  Android has caught up and has a similar implementation where being connected to WiFi does not disable the mobile data connection.  Phone settings need to be changed to ensure that a WiFi connection does not allow a parallel mobile data connection.  

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Krumpledroses 

The Public Mobile system does it data usage updates a 12 noon and 12 midnight.

That's probably what your seeing in your account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Krumpledroses 

Open your phone settings and disable data to any app that you don't use regularly.

Also, disable Wifi Assist

Need Help? Let's chat.