cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Woody-13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my account rolledover into the next billing period and my data was chewed up in a day. I bought more and that was chewed up in 2 days. I am not a video watching just check sports scores mainly. We are camping near the USA Gulf island but are still on Vancouver Island. Could my data roaming affected my usage? I just realized my roaming was on so it is now shut off. 

4 REPLIES 4

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Check on your account for data usage.

Do you keep DATA On all the time? Maybe apps try to connect to Internet all the time?

By the way, if you camping - vacation - FORGET about the rest of the world and enjoy. Why would you care about stores, politics, etc. unless you are club owner...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Woody-13 

What does your phone indicate?

3 wifi bar or LTE?

If it is LTE then your phone switched over to your data. 
One option is to set it on Airplane mode but you won’t receive calls or text. So switch it off when you need it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Data roaming is not the issue.

Make sure you have wifi assist turned OFF or disabled in settings.

Disable data from apps you don't regularly need or use.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Woody-13   Data would not just roaming unless you got US roaming data

In fact, if your phone was somehow connected to US network, you would not be able to use data or phone service at all  (Maybe it was not data were all used up but just you were not connecting to the Canadian network because you were too close to US ?)

Did you check My Account and it was showing your data was all used up?  Can you post screenshot?

It must be something on your device.  

If you are using Android, check the Mobile Data Usage log, it will show you what app have used the data and how much data used in total

Need Help? Let's chat.