cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

WendyJoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I turned off my data on June 23 since I ran out. My plan reset June 24, I kept my data turned off since I was in WIFI. 
Today June 27 I turned on data while in town for 4 hours and turned it off again in returned. I just checked email and messages and a shopping app on data. 
I used 107MB during those 4 hours.  Is that normal? 

WendyJoy_0-1687890695801.png

11 REPLIES 11

@hairbag1 too bad iPhone cannot track usage without manual reset.  But you can still reset the counter at the beginning of each cycle for easy  trackong.

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap Cellular.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset Statistics.

WendyJoy

Thanks, will check usage again tomorrow 

WendyJoy

Yes thanks,  I do have most all the apps turned off for data.  

@WendyJoy Usage  is not constantly posted, it is usually delayed by 12 hours and posted as a total for last 12 hours.   Check tomorrow morning and you should see the usage today

WendyJoy

Thanks..   The shopping app has pics no videos.  My email had no attachments.  Just ridiculous amount of data used. I was thinking to upgrade to 1 gig but at this rate that would only last 20 hours. 

WendyJoy

Thx,  I am on iPhone.  I show no usage updates since June 23 on my PM account. I have updates on for wifi only.   Crazy

@WendyJoy app update can easily used 100 Mb.  It is not uncommon that even simple  apps could be around 30-50 Mb, so couple app updates would used 100+Mb

WendyJoy

I have app updates for on wifi only and very few apps turned on for data.  I can’t see where Data was used on iPhone.  June 23 is last PM usage update 
Thx

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@WendyJoy 

in the cellphone settings, you can disable Data to any apps that you don't use on a regular basis. Also, disable Wifi Assist.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

It's possible to burn through 100MB (or much more) in 4 hours, specially if there are high res pictures and/or video clips involved (shopping app?)

Make sure that your phone settings only allow system and app updates and back-ups over WiFi. Restrict unnecessary background data - I personally disable auto-updates on my e-mail app and only manually check my inbox and any social media accounts when I'm using plan data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WendyJoy   are you on Android or iPhone?  If Android, you can confirm with your device tracker

and did you check the Usage history?  what is it showing since 23th?

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details

If it shows nothing, then all the usage are from the last 12 hours (as PM does not constantly update the usage, it only after every 12 hours or so)

Is it possbile to use 100Mb in couple hours?  YES, if you have some backup to cloud jobs enabled. or app update, etc

Need Help? Let's chat.