cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage incorrect

Ssa1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just recently I noticed that my data is used up in a day or two when I use my own wifi most of the timeand have data shut off? This was never an issue in the past, is there a system glitch? In the past if anything my warning came near the end of the cycle no it's within the same day or next. When I check my usage it doesn't match , seems that data usage shows at the same times , which is also odd. Please help 

14 REPLIES 14

@KK07 you can simply use the spinner at the bottom of the usage section

But to avoid cache confusion, I suggest you to simply relogin using Incognito mode 

KK07

How do I refresh?

KK07

DITTO! And I couldn’t log in it took several attempts. Very frustrating not being able to get help. 

4star60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just had that happen to me and the refresh worked.

HEY PUBLIC  why not get a system that works.  Scaring the user is not the best method.  And when auto pay why send me a text before applying?

@moonmack- Oh good you figured out the other option. The little refresh icons seem to work for me rather than going all into incognito.

moonmack

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.  I used private browsing mode and it said I had used 14MB of data and 0 minutes of talking, which seems about right.

@moonmack- Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down and maybe the numbers will change.

moonmack

I seem to have this problem too.  It looks like I’ve used all of my data on my plan in two days.  I reset my cellular usage counter just before my plan rolled over, and it reports I’ve only used about 10MB.  The history of usage on Public Mobile also indicates about 10MB.  The overview also indicates I’ve used 14 minutes of talking when I’ve only used 1 minute (plus incoming, but those are unlimited).

Any ideas of when this will get fixed?

daveopg

Same issue here for the last couple month. Not fixed yet for me as just happened again yesterday September 8th, 2022

Ssa1

Hi 

I contacted customer service and they advised that there was a system glitch, I just checked my account and data usage seems updated now. Thank you

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ssa1 @dreager   go by what the remaining data is showing in your My Account, as this is normally the most accurate:

esjliv_0-1660215490003.png

Also check...do you have your device set to warn you or disable data when it reaches a certain level? Check the settings of your device to see if you have a data limiter set, if so change the amount or remove it.

If you are looking at your device for data usage, this will sku results if you do not have your start date the same as your plan start date.

To see detailed usage, best to use the download option during a certain date filter; the detail snapshot is currently not showing accurately. Note, the details to take about 6-12 hours to populate in the downloaded method.

If things still are not adding up and other suggestions are not helping, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

dreager

Same issue here. On a 15 g plan and they say I used 10.5 g in the first 8 days of the month, I would normally use 3-4 g, or 400 mgs/day. They are doubling my usage. I've been in touch with cs-agents; had 5 reps and not one helped me other than to say there may be a glitch since the new page setup and to wait it out. They can't access the link to my account to see my usage which totaled 5 g for the first 8 days which I don't dispute, but NOT 10,5g. I'll be walking soon if this keeps up.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ssa1 

It could a glitch in the system but your account will have the most up to date of data usage. Your data usage will list all the usage amount and dates.

It could also be your phone data tracker giving you the monthly notice. PM is on a 30 days cycle and not a monthly cycle.

If you are at home, I would suggest you disable your cellular data and go strictly to your home wifi.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ssa1 

there something going on on system glitch,

but tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

and check it out,

or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN to check data usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.