cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage and interruption of Internet don`t match

michelsavage966
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have used only 377 MB on my 3 GB plan, yet, I cannot connect to internet. Auto messages on my phone say that I have exhausted the limits of my plan... On the PM website, in My Account, nothing shows in Add-Ons Usage. On my phone, I see Usage as 377 MB (Jul 31, Aug 31). Am I missing something? Am I stupid? It`s very unlikely that I have used more than 377 MB because I was in the US and did not use my phone except on WIFI. Thanks for feedback on this. Mike

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@michelsavage966 if you don't mind the slower data and would like more for the $, why not schedule a plan change for your next renewal date to the $40 4.5 GB "3G" speed plan?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@michelsavage966 wrote:

Thank you every one. I managed to get all the details of my usage since June 12 (I pay from the12th of the month for 3 months). Yes, indeed, I have used my 3 GB limit. Funny though. I now pay 40$ per month for 3 GB for  90 days, and there`s now a special offer of 40$ for 5.5 GB per month... Go figure... Thanks everyone. Took a while to navigate in the PM website.

Whenever customerrs complain about the usage meter, I am usually playing back the tape that the usage meter is legal tender.  There is always a good explanation for why the data is used up.

In any event, Public Mobile does not inform customers whether their plan pricing is competitve with respect to current offers.  It is up to the customer to check from time to time.  I am guessing that your data is full speed LTE vs the so called 3G or LTE lite data.  The pricing is much higher for the faster speed.  If you need more data, go with the 3G plans.  The data is fast enough and for the most part customers can't really tell the difference.

@michelsavage966 The LTE data plans are more expensive than 3G.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

michelsavage966

Thank you every one. I managed to get all the details of my usage since June 12 (I pay from the12th of the month for 3 months). Yes, indeed, I have used my 3 GB limit. Funny though. I now pay 40$ per month for 3 GB for  90 days, and there`s now a special offer of 40$ for 5.5 GB per month... Go figure... Thanks everyone. Took a while to navigate in the PM website.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@michelsavage966 When nothing shows in Data & Add-ons you have used all your data allowance. Three basic choices:

a) buy a data add-on (1GB for $30), or

b) start a new plan immediately (you are correct surmising no credit for unused time), or

c) ask the moderators to start you current plan early, (after adding enough $ so that Available Funds = your plan cost).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

3GB is only on a select few plans.  Are you on a 30 or 90 day plan?  If you are on a 30 day plan, you have 3 GB for the entire 30 days.  On a 90 day plan, you only have GB for all 90 days.

looking at your description of the data tracer, it works in monthly cycles.  This is not reliable at Public Mobile, as 30 day and 90 day cycles are not monthly, so most months, your cycle starts on a different date.

If the data information has disappeared from your self-serve information, you have used up your data.

EDIT.... opened too many threads, wrote my post with only the first post showing, so many others appeared when I hit post!

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The plan cycle cannot be July 31 to August 31 because that is more than 30 days. You need to install a data monitor that's configurable to 30 day plans - Data Witness PM for Android, or My Data Manager for iPhone.

Now, check your phone settings to see if you have data set to cut off at some set limit, and make sure cellular data is not turned off. That's the first step. 

Log in to your self serve. Look toward the bottom. You should see how much data has been used from your limit. If you see nothing, then your data has been used. Check those things and post back  

GC 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@michelsavage966Have you checked your local phone data limit? If you mean what I think you do- those "auto phone messages" are locally from your phone. Often your phone restricts data but your plan has more. First thing to check for sure.

If you have andriod go to your network settings, data usage and look at your mobile data limit.

vp6853

Is it possible to take a screenshot of your account details, like plan and usage?  Please block any personal information.

Need Help? Let's chat.