cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data traffic

Inessa_Kryvenko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Team.

I have a problem with my mobile data traffic. My cellphone Realne 6 , model RMX2001. I came with IT from Ukrainie. When I się wi-fi no problem with internet, when I put public mobile sim card to telephones of my Canadian friends,  data traffic internet also works. It doesn't not work only with my telephone. I'm technically grammar person, so checked all settings in my phone. Could You help to fix this problem and I can go up with the Your plan and use internet outside. Please. Probably I need to download some software or refresh  some settings. Please and thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Inessa_Kryvenko if you bought in China, it is likely the Indian model, which has a lot less compatible 4G bands, than the Global version

You can Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If 3G doesn't work then you can try 4G (LTE).

Your APN settings are all the same as mine, except my APN Type = default,mms (not default,supl,mms). I don't think changing it would make any difference for normal data anyhow, unless it's an MMS photo/attachment or an app makes a SUPL/AGPS request.

There are two variants of this phone (and both have the same RMX2001 model number). The "Global" one should be compatible with Canadian 3G and 4G/LTE networks (although it's missing a few of the LTE downlink bands so it won't achieve maximum possible LTE download speeds). The "India" one would be incompatible.

Realme6 network specs on the GSMArena.com database are:

TechnologyGSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - Global
 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 - India
4G bands1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 - Global
 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41 - India
SpeedHSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/75 Mbps

Realme6 network specs on DeviceRanks (the "official channel vendor" for the manufacturer, Oppo):
Realme 6 supports next frequencies: GSM 850 MHz (B5), GSM 900 MHz (B8), GSM 1800 MHz (B3), GSM 1900 MHz (B2), W-CDMA 850 MHz (B5), W-CDMA 900 MHz (B8), W-CDMA 2100 MHz (B1), LTE-FDD 850 MHz (B5), LTE-FDD 900 MHz (B8), LTE-FDD 1800 MHz (B3), LTE-FDD 2100 MHz (B1), LTE-TDD 2300 MHz (B40), LTE-TDD 2500 MHz (B41), LTE-TDD 2600 MHz (B38)

Telus uses LTE-FDD protocols. As do AT&T and T-Mobile in USA (two of the networks this phone is specifically compatible with). So the "Global" version of the Realme6 looks compatible with Telus.

But if the thing doesn't work then then thing doesn't work. I recently advised someone on a very similar thread that phones purchased on Alibaba and eBay are always gambles (even when the vendors are honest and the advertising promises compatibility). If you can't get it working then I recommend returning it and buying an unlocked phone from a local retailer (like London Drugs, Walmart, Staples, whatever). I was able to download free Polski and Українська keyboard/UI components onto my Samsung phone by just selecting the language in Settings while data was turned on.

Inessa_Kryvenko

Hi, thank You, I bought it in Ukraine, but I guess its China model. Trying 3G, doesn't work. 😞

Inessa_Kryvenko

Hi, thank You. 

I have changed settings re instructions, it doesn't work unfortunately. I'm sorry I can't change my interface language. Here is some screenshots attached. Could You look at it please. What I missed? Thank You in advance!

Screenshot_2024-01-13-12-38-25-22_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-13-12-36-05-91_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-13-12-26-06-37_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-13-12-26-19-23_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-13-12-26-29-48_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Always login to your Self-Serve first to confirm there's no problems with the account, that you should be getting service. If there's a problem here then can sometimes fix it by just clicking a button here. And you want to see it here before you waste time configuring your phone or requesting support anyways.

If your phone recognizes the SIM (you see the SIMID and IMSI somewhere in the device information stuff buried in settings) then it works. If it says "SIM not recognized" or "Invalid SIM" or something like that then it could be a locked phone or it could be an incompatible phone. We'll assume the SIM works.

If the top banner on your phone screen says "Public Mobile" or "Telus" then you're connected to the network. If not, then you have to go into your settings and select the network or operator or carrier or provider (whatever your phone software calls it). Choose "Auto" or "Public Mobile 3G" or "Public Mobile LTE", whatever your phone detects. If your phone was not originally intended for the Canadian market then make sure it is radio-compatible with Telus radio frequencies (especially bands 2 and 5).

You won't be able to access data (or SMS attachments) until you configure your device with Public Mobile's APN settings and restart. This is sometimes automatic because the settings are stored on the SIM card and are pushed on the network, but sometimes you have to do it manually. And if you got a cheap phone then sometimes you'll find you're unable to create or edit APN profiles so you basically can't use them to access mobile data.

Finally, you may have to manually configure the Public Mobile voicemail number. If the phone doesn't do it automatically then just make a contact called "Voicemail". For convenience.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Inessa_Kryvenko is that an Indian model?? if so, your phone is not fully compatible with PM's 4G/LTE

but you can try using 3G instead, change the network mode to 3G only

@Inessa_Kryvenko wrote:

I have a problem with my mobile data traffic. My cellphone Realne 6 , model RMX2001. I came with IT from Ukrainie. When I się wi-fi no problem with internet, when I put public mobile sim card to telephones of my Canadian friends,  data traffic internet also works. It doesn't not work only with my telephone. I'm technically grammar person, so checked all settings in my phone. Could You help to fix this problem and I can go up with the Your plan and use internet outside. Please. Probably I need to download some software or refresh  some settings. Please and thank you. 

Although I know that you've checked, this is most likely an APN setting issue. Please compare your settings with the ones here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.