cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data service very very slow.

jackiegreen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my $10 plan to $40 4.5GB (3G speed) plan on Sunday. On Monday, I tested the speed, it's very fast (100+Mbps). I know that it would take up to 72 hours to throttle to 3G, so I tested the speed today (Tuesday). I found it's very very slow, and I could not even connect speedtest to run the test. I also checked browsing the webpage and found that sometimes I cannot even open a webpage. I tried youtube too and could not load/watch any videos. This only thing that I can use is whatsapp. I was using Freedom Mobile before. Although I only got 3.0Mbps on Freedom Mobile LTE network, I feel the speed on PM 3G is much slower than than that on FM. I am not sure this is normal (maybe they're still working on throttling my data service to 3G). If it is normal, then I will regret switching FM to PM.

I am using Iphone X, located in Ottawa.

15 REPLIES 15

kellykellz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@jackiegreen wrote:

"I also checked browsing the webpage and found that sometimes I cannot even open a webpage."

This happens to me often at 3G with Public Mobile.  I thought I was the only one.  My internet will be working, then suddenly the webpages will not load.  I have an iPhone SE.  I wonder if this may be an iPhone issue?

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm in the Ottawa area as well, and there is definitely something going on in the last few days. I just did some speed tests, and speeds seem to be the same in my current location (Kanata) for LTE connection, but slower than before when I force a 3g connection, see below:

note the difference between today's test and from 9/04note the difference between today's test and from 9/04

Southern Ontario, in the middle of Brant County - 4.32 download on full LTE plan, 0.37 upload.

Note, inside a bad building for signal right now... but this is slow even for my regular day.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Telus appears to be having some issues:

Telus Outage Map

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've been having the same problems lately (I just switched to Public from Virgin). I have to sometimes turn off my WIFI and then turn it back on in order for my internet to not be slow and actually work. I don't use the data Public offers because I mostly like WIFI, but maybe it's just a weird overall issue? My WIFI is with Rogers.

I also have an iPhone SE and I noticed that this all started to happen right after I updated iOS.

Tawfick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem. I need to change the service because I am an Uber driver if it is not fixed tonight.