Hani_Ouali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I bought the data roaming but it doesn't work, please give me a refund

1000030208.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Hani_Ouali 

Your phone indicates you are recieving a roaming cell signal. Which provider's network are you connected to? Selecting 2G only while connected to T-Mobile is only to make voice calls if your phone does not automatically drop down to 2G  when making or recieving a phone call. Where are you in the US? The US does not have blanket coverage there are large areas that have little or no coverage.

No, I said I doubt you have volte. That 2G is for T-Mobile if you don't have volte. Are you connected to T-Mobile? If so then talk and text should work in coverage areas. Those can be smaller than LTE.

Hani_Ouali

I chose this option but it still doesn't work. You said because my phone doesn't have voLTE it's not going to work?

1000030644.jpg

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Nope....no access to Chinese manufacturer phones. That's from my pixel 4.

So automatic should work.
To turn on roaming data got to settings, sim cards & mobile networks, advanced settings, data roaming, data roaming, select always.
Then go to settings, sim cards & mobile networks, select this services sim card, preferred network type - select LTE
This should work for data and text on both AT&T & T-Mobile.

Talk brings in a different problem. You might need to change that preferred network to 2G and manually connect to T-Mobile. This depends on whether your phone is enabled for volte, which I doubt.

@maximum_gato- Is that from the same kind of phone as the OP?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Hani_Ouali 

Looks like this....

Screenshot_20230909_230348_Photos.jpg

@Hani_Ouali

to engage support, click on the link: @CS_Agent , then click Send a Message

For changing the network to T-Mobile or AT&T:

Press Settings.
Press SIM cards & mobile networks.
Press the required SIM.
Press Mobile networks.
If you want to select a network manually, press the indicator next to "Select network automatically" to turn off the function.
Press Next.
Press OK.

Hani_Ouali

I am still in the us, my phone is Xiaomi POCO F3 so I am not sure what automatic feature you are talking about. The private message link lead to a page with "private message" written but I can't click nowhere

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Hani_Ouali 

Are you in the US?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this a re-buy of the same roaming add-on?
Set your networks to automatic and check that you're connected to either T-Mobile or AT&T. Set your network mode to 4G LTE if you're on 5G. Turn on roaming data.
Do you know if your phone has been enabled for volte here yet?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hani_Ouali 

PM is a prepaid provider and usually do not provide refund.  But if the US data does not work and you are now back in Canada, Support are usually very understanding and might be able to reverse the transaction for you.  Please message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

But if you are still in US, try to make it works.  Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect sucessfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both  T-Mobile  and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls goes through
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.