Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data question

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey everyone! 

I am loving PM 🙂

I was wondering if the data from month to month that is unused carries over? 
sfter my first 30 days mine has not - I’m currently on the $40 plan but wanted to go down to $30 eventually 

any tips??!

thanks 

20 REPLIES 20

Rosguru

Unused data does not roll over into the next month.  You start afresh.  

The only time data will stay till it is used up is if you purchased an add on.  

Hope this helps

shannonolivia85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The data included in your plan does NOT roll over... any unused data is gone forever when the new plan term starts.

However, data add -ons remain on your plan until every bit is used up!

Because of this, it is best to choose the lowest possible data plan that you think you will use. Then purchase a one time data add on, that you can use from in the case that you reach your limit with your monthly plan.

I purchased a 1gig add-on 6 months ago, and I still use it for those last couple of days at the end of my term! It has been well worth it, and I have managed to get by with the 25$ plan, even when a month calls for a little extra data. 

Good luck!

If you are planning to change your plan then it is recommended to change on your next renewal date so you don't lose any used minutes/texts, or data.

Savebig2

Thank you 🙂

tamaraxo12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

talk to the online chat moderater and that should answer your question about the data carry over

Savebig2

What do you mean 

tamaraxo12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i believe what isnt used from your plan transfers over to the next month, you can also private message the moderate and find out 😊

Savebig2

PM I mean 🙂

Savebig2

thanks everyone 

I love PL 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Savebig2 

There was a software bug for plan change for higher value plan to a lower value plan.  I am not sure whether it was fixed or not.

PM server will take enough fund from your autopay cc to pay for the lower value plan.  But later the server is checking whether there is enough fund to pay for the higher value plan. 

For your plan change from $40 to $30 plan, since the server took only $30 earlier which is not enough to pay for the $40 plan.  As a result, your renewal will fail if this bug has not been fixed.  Therefore, just manually add $40 to your account before your renewal date to avoid this unnecessary renewal failure.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

amount due-01~2.jpeg

@Savebig2 

I’m currently on the $40 plan but wanted to go down to $30 eventually 

any tips??!

one important step you need to do when downgrading to the $30 plan, is to make sure to have the cost of the plan amount in your "available funds" for the system to withdraw from. doing this will avoid any possible issues that might emerge, during the renewal process

@Savebig2 switch it for a 30 day cycle and try it. You can always switch it back the next one. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Savebig2 wrote:

Hey everyone! 

I am loving PM 🙂

I was wondering if the data from month to month that is unused carries over? 
sfter my first 30 days mine has not - I’m currently on the $40 plan but wanted to go down to $30 eventually 

any tips??!

thanks 

Plan data will not roll over to the next 30 days.

If you want to change your plan, login to your account and select the Change Plan button. to change to the $30 plan. 

There are 2 choices for plan change:

1.  change immediately

2.  change on your next renewal date

PM plans are prepaid plans.  There is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle.  Therefore, always schedule your change on your next renewal date.

@Savebig2 You want to save money by change to a lower price plan. schedule your change on your next renewal date.  Otherwise, you will be paying more by change plan immediately.

@Savebig2 wrote:

Thank you that is very helpful:) 

it is cheaper to get 30$ plan and add ons then?

Hi @Savebig2 ,

It really depends on your data usage. What is your usage currently on the $40 plan? If you do not need that much data go ahead and change your plan to the $30 one and see how it goes. Just make sure to select change your plan on next renewal, so you do not lose out an any $s you already prepaid on your current cycle.

@Savebig2 wrote:

@Savebig2   Depending upon your data requitements probably yes.  It's worth trying out to see if you can manage with 2GB and add-on data and potentially save $10/30 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Savebig2 wrote:

That all depends on your consumption patterns.

I'm very low usage. I use add-ons. I like that they stay around until used and not "wasting" the paid feature every term.

Savebig2

Savebig2

Yes I know that now lol 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Savebig2 ,

The data from your 30 day plan does NOT carry over from month to month.

If you purchase addons though, those will carry over cycle  to cycle until used up. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Savebig2 

Plan data resets each term.

Need Help? Let's chat.