cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data periodically stops working

wryder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Every once in a while (maybe 1-2 times a week?) the data on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) stops working until I restart the phone. While it is happening, call and text still work fine and if I switch to Wifi, all the apps do their internet business. It just seems to be related to cell data.

It's not a huge problem since it doesn't happen too often and only takes a minute to remedy, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and was able to find a more permanent solution?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

wryder

@chukdefatey- No Proxy settings set under APN, but thanks for the suggestion!

@Cyber - Thanks for letting me know, good to know it isn't just me!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Try to see what I suggested above will help you

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@wryder,

I had similar problems as you on a Samsung Galaxy Ace II x GT-7560m.

I think the problem is related to the phone itself.

Martin
Legend
Legend
wryder,

If you're going to suggest a hard factory reset, assuming that that is an appropriate response and not overkill, please state that EVERYTHING on the phone, that was placed on it from the day that was purchased brand new, will be deleted, including phone contacts, videos, photos, documents, EVERYTHING.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Check under your APN settings to see if there is anything under Proxy Settings, if there is get rid of it then save the settings without the Proxy & reboot the phone. FYI: Not referring to the Proxy under MMS just the one for APN settings. Once you do this it should fix your issue.

wryder

APN settings still appear to be correct.

I might just try a factory reset if it happens again to see if that helps.

Will let you know how it goes!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

You're welcome.

Yes, the hyperlinked post is still valid. Just to be on the safe side, please review all APN settings to ensure that they conform with what is listed within the post that you referenced.

Good luck.

wryder

Thanks for the quick response!

No new apps that I know of, it's mainly just for email, browsing and maps.

To get my data working initially, I did end up needing to use the instructions from this thread.

Are those instructions still valid?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Just prior to your data problem occurring for the first time, did you download any apps that require data to function? It's possible that the app is interfering with data reception. If you did download an app, I would suggest, as part of the process of elimination, that the app be uninstalled.

Please keep us informed. I look forward to your next post.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.