Did you mean: 

Data not working

Alim95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello my data is not working at all in this phone 

9 REPLIES 9

Alim95

hello i have the phone and the texting is working but there is no data working at all

Hi @Alim95 You have used up your data for thos cycle!!

you have to either buy extra data addon or wait till next  cycle or submit ticket for Pm to renew your plan early.   

If you see the data for each cycle won't be enough going forward, you can change to new plan , like 15 Gb for $40 , and click Change plan now for a immediate plan change 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Has it ever worked here? If not then it could be the APN settings. Obviously is your cell data turned on?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Alim95 

It’s likely you have consumed your data allotment for the cycle, in which case it would no longer work.

Log into self-serve and tap the refresher icon and check to see if you have any left.

Your options are to purchase a data add on, or renew your plan early, or change plans on an immediate basis to a different plan, or just use Wi-Fi until your renewal date; if you are going to renew your plan early to get your data back, you’ll need the help of the customer support agents.

Keep in mind if you upgrade your plan mid-cycle, you lose whatever time is remaining on the existing cycle you were on, and there are no refunds or prorations.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alim95 

for accurate info, try this to see how much data you currently have available in your regular plan...

refresh.jpg

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks like you've got got good signal strength.  if you have data available and account active, I've read on this forum that sometimes you need to reset the network settings.  Do you know how to do that in Android?

Check this article for some help with Android and network settings.

Set up data on an Android phone (publicmobile.ca)

Alim95

It says I have used 1 GB of data and still have 14 left but there is no data and I reset my phone too 

Alim95

Screenshot_20230315_143800_Chrome.jpg

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alim95 Is your account active?  What plan are you on and do you have data available?  Do you have good connection to cell?  ie. bars of signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.