cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

rheedergreeff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. So i have an issue where the phone shows service and it still receives calls but the data does not work. It keeps showing a message asking to sign into network but a message pops up saying that server is not working.  
i went through the assistant bot and tried resetting network settings etc but nothing seems te help. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rheedergreeff  - i know you said you have data left, but did you look at this under the summary in your My Account under this area, as it is normally the most accurate:

esjliv_0-1660215490003.png

If you are showing data left remaining on your plan (or any addons), try restarting your phone or perform a reset of the device's network settings.

If still issues, check what Mobile Connections you are connecting to in the settings of your device. Is there an automatic with LTE available or choosen?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rheedergreeff 

What is the make and model of your phone? If you are positive you have data remaining in your plan/account then check your mobile network settings for your APN to see if it has changed. This has happened to a few customers for no reason. There are a few slightly different APN's that work for Public Mobile but I have listed below the one that is in my moto g7+.

If it appears to be the same as before then you can also perform a  reset of your network settings but this will erase any saved wifi passwords etc....that will have to be re-entered. 

Compare your APN to this one....

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

rheedergreeff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The data dit work fine and the yesterday it just stopped. Still have data available to use and it says that the account is active 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@rheedergreeff 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page 

your account status is Active.

or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN to check your data usage any left or you use all.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rheedergreeff Hi has your data ever worked here? If not it may be an issue with your APN what type of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.