cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Modi2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , I have made a payment to top up my data when my balance shows zero . But the data is not working, I can’t google search nor play videos? What’s wrong? Please help ?

6 REPLIES 6

Modi2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greatly appreciate your suggestions and yes it did resolve my issue. Thank you all and may God bless you .

@typhoon00 wrote:

I brought 1GB of add-on data in Nov and I have used about 650GB. On December, I have 250MB of data from the plan, I should have 250 + 650 MB of data available. However, when my usage reached 250, I cannot use the data any more even though I still have 650 of add-on left. It seem the add-on data does not roll over. What to do?

@typhoon00 Does your overview page in self serve show data remaining? If not you used it all. If its there and you can't access data, try restarting your phone. If that doesn't help try contacting a moderator.

typhoon00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I brought 1GB of add-on data in Nov and I have used about 650GB. On December, I have 250MB of data from the plan, I should have 250 + 650 MB of data available. However, when my usage reached 250, I cannot use the data any more even though I still have 650 of add-on left. It seem the add-on data does not roll over. What to do?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Modi2 

Enabling additional data takes two steps:

1. Make a payment to add the money to your account balance.

2. Purchasing/activating the data add-on using the money in the account balance

It sounds like you may have completed step 1, but not step 2 yet. Also you can confirm if you see the addon afterwards on the self serve overview page.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Try contacting the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

Start a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437). You’ll need to login first to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Modi2 wrote:

Hi , I have made a payment to top up my data when my balance shows zero . But the data is not working, I can’t google search nor play videos? What’s wrong? Please help ?

This isn't a pay-as-you-go service. Adding money doesn't do anything on its own. You need to either buy a data add-on or change to a different plan immediately or ask the moderators to do an early renewal. There's also no pro-rating here so that last two choices would start a whole new plan starting when you do it.

Or wait for your next renewal and use wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.