cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

simcko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I just signed up and found the data is not working. I checked the APN settings and it's ok. It works on my son's phone but not mine. My phone is a LG V20. Any help is much appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

hi, im in da same boat. data doesnt work for me either. Complete bull**bleep**

@slash407 alright so I've seen you mention this in a few threads now.  What is your phone's brand and model?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

simcko

@will13am wrote:

@simcko wrote:

how to add "default......"? don't get it

APN editing.  Depending on the GUI, there should be a way to bring up the edit menu. 

Thanks. I've tried all settings and didn't work. Started the factory reset and it works fine now. Appreciate your help.

@simcko wrote:

APN editing.  Depending on the GUI, there should be a way to bring up the edit menu. 

Which default are you referring to?

It could be just nothing in it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simcko wrote:

Maybe have a look here to get going.

I typed in "lg v20 apn settings" into a search engine and checked out a couple results.

In a self-serve place y'gotta kinda serve yourself. If that's not possible then maybe you need to be elsewhere that has more customer services available to pay for in your monthly rate.

islandgirl747
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your phone may be too old. It was thought that my Iphone 4 would work with the Public Mobile Sim card and it didn't, so it may be time for you to upgrade your phone. 

simcko

simcko

how to do a network reset?

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried putting in the APN settings? I know with my Samsung i had to enter that before it began working.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here is an old thread where a V20 had issues connecting.  Apparently, adding default,mms,supl,dun was the solution. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/LG-V20-LTE-not-auto-connecting-to-LTE...

@slash407 wrote:

if u do a quick google search, theres plenty of apn setting configurations u can try, to save every1 da headache, i tried all of them and nothing worked. Waste

The official Public Mobile knowledge base on setting up the APN is found in the second half of this knowledge base.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

@simcko wrote:

so, I have to do a factory reset, correct?

No, network reset is different from factory reset.  Only various network settings stored on the phone are reset.  Factory reset clears everything.  No need to do that much. 

simcko

so, I have to do a factory reset, correct?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @simcko,

Welcome to PM!

Verify that mobile data is enabled and that there are no mistakes in the APN, pay extra attention for any extra space etc.  

Just to clarify, you are saying that data works using your sim card in your son's phone. Right?

V20 is compatible with PM, so thats not the issue.  Try resetting the network settings and reboot.  

@MoreYummy wrote:

Are other service working?  

Have you restart your phone after signed up the service.

Also you can test it by using swap sim card between the phone that works and doesnt etc, to find out why.

The SIM has already been tested in a different phone and so there is nothing wrong with the account or SIM.  It comes down to some sort of setting issue on the V20 or worst case, phone has hardware problems. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Are other service working?  

Have you restart your phone after signed up the service.

Also you can test it by using swap sim card between the phone that works and doesnt etc, to find out why.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@simcko, sometimes LG phones need a network reset in order to work.  Please give that a try. 

Need Help? Let's chat.