cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

huzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m using Iphone 13pro, everything worked fine before. I had a trip in another country and removed PM SIM card during that period, after putting it back in after the trip, I got issue with data. I can make calls and text messages, the 3G is displayed (LTE was always displayed back then when there was no issues). 

Whenever I try connecting using my cellular data, apple gives me a pop up saying: Could not activate cellular data network Turn on cellular data or use Wi-Fi to access data.

I tried the SIM card on a old iPhone and everything works well including the data.

I’ve tried everything: rebooting, resetting network, switching wifi and airplane mode on and off …,, nothing works.

11 REPLIES 11

@huzi  glad it works!!

The VPN profile could be there with your oversea sim card and service.  

huzi

I cleared VPN profile (I didn’t know that I had this vpn) and it’s working now!

thanks a lot and great thanks to everyone for your contributions!

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@huzi wrote: I did check it and trie to changed it to : sp.mb.com (removed letter “i” )

I have iPhone 8 Plus but APN setting is "isp.mb.com".  According this website: APN setting should be "sp.mb.com".

But anyway iPhone 8 Plus is working. 

Did you try turn Network selection to "Automatic"?

@huzi 

try to see if you have any VPN set

"Settings” > “General” > “VPN”
Clear them all  listed in the “Profiles” section.
Power down first,  then restart the phone.

If that was blank without any VPN profile or if still does not work, try to Reset network settings

"Settings” > “General” > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings"

Also, check your Carrier Profile,  Make sure it is showing Public Mobile.  And try update the Carrier profile , too

huzi

Yes I did it many times.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@huzi 

When you changed it to sp.mb.com did you reboot?

huzi

yes, cellular data is on and I just updated iOS to the newest version.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@huzi 

Can you ensure your cellular data is on and check for any carrier setting updates/ios updates.

huzi

61E83D7E-3FEF-4640-9E10-728380BD515E.jpeg

 yes, I did check it and trie to changed it to : sp.mb.com (removed letter “i” ), but still didn’t work, so I clicked reset settings to change it back to what it was). 
thanks for the quick response.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@huzi 

Can you check your apn settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.