smontic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a new simcard not working all the configuration seems good

10 REPLIES 10

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@smontic 

What model iPhone do you have?

If you are near an Apple Genius Care Centre, they can do a quick diagnostic on the phone.

HI @Yummy   Yes, Apple likes to take care of everything

With iPhone, they cannot really change the APN, it's the Carrier Profile , but it got pushed down.  Usually wirelessly is good but I heard some people have difficulty with it and hence needs iTune

Yes, I rather Android.  But for people who wants "peace of mind", it's either work or not work, when not work, they head over to Apple stores for support.  That was the "cool" way visioned by Jobs  😞

@hTideGnow wrote:

@smontic wrote:

My iphone 11 is now in 15.3.1 data are still not working

Hi @smontic  Make sure your Carrier Profile is the latest one.  If not, either pull it wirelessly or use iTune

Is this all necessary (profile, itune, etc.) in order for iphone to work properly? Why so complicated. Still believe Android is most versatile and easiest to use particularly phones from 'big brands' (not alibaba stuff).

@smontic wrote:

Hi @smontic  Make sure your Carrier Profile is the latest one.  If not, either pull it wirelessly or use iTune

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you do a full power off restart. Of course you turn on the cellular data, right 🙂 . And if you look on your self-serve overview page does it show a data line under My Data & Add-ons?

smontic

smontic

First time with public mobile the sim card was activated in wallmart 

smontic

I'm just trying to update the phone to the last version.

I'm waiting for the end of the procedure.

Is a new simcard sms are working fine. Only data are not working

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@smontic  So you were previously with Public Mobile and for some reason decided to get a new sim card?  If so, did you log into account and click "Change Sim card" to attach the sim number to your account?

Are calls n text working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the 15.4 beta then make sure you have the most recent version. There was an update.

Edit: And what about calls in/out? Texts in/out?

Need Help? Let's chat.