cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working and calling

Marshallbasarab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this is for the moderators? So uhm today I can’t even access my data when I’m out of the house and everything and it says I’m on 3G when I should be on LTE? It usually says LTE not 3G and I know my plan is a 3G plan. But it should be able to work and I can’t even access the network but it says I’m connected.. I have some screenshots of it to help everyone out and I will appreciate any help here. I just came back from the hospital. And also my phone updated overnight so I’m not sure if that effects it or anything but it really stresses me out. I should be able to figure this out on my own but it’s very annoying. 

BAEFE6E4-5C73-41B7-8100-25D3B5988F22.png

BD2D740F-A3DA-4096-AA2C-DE943DEF0110.png

B4549C5C-67D1-4091-ABAD-7EB811EBC7EB.jpeg

22495AC0-6B51-4F3F-AE66-67D165C24D1F.png

42A059B5-F4EB-4343-B9B1-FBDB103ED28F.png

 I also did reset the thing at the personal hotspot/cellular data menu and stuff but it still doesn’t wanna work so I’m not sure what’s going on…

30 REPLIES 30

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Marshallbasarab 

Thanks for the update and the info that a downgrade to iOS 15.3 rather than all the way to iOS 14 is all that is needed.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Marshallbasarab

It works now!! I downgraded back to iOS 15.3

Marshallbasarab

I did it works now I downgraded

Marshallbasarab

Yeah I did, this morning I erased it and went back to iOS 15,3 and it works now. It was weird

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@grahamwright1 

Public mobile uses the 3G network for voice calls. Data and texts will also work on the 3G network. When using the 4G LTE network the data speed is throttled to 3mbps thus the reference to 3G speed.

Edit:

@softech 

From what I have read if a network reset or downloading the carrier profile again does not work then a back up of the data and a factory reset is recommended. If that still doesn't work then downgrading to iOS 14 is the only other choice to get access to mobile data back.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

I thought you can easily downgrade back to iOS 15.3 or iOS 15.2.1..

grahamwright1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you have an Apple Developer account you can download an ISPW restore file for previous versions. 

@grahamwright1 @Notacop06   can you downgrade your iOS around from 15.4 beta?

grahamwright1

Agreed - after updating to the 15.4 beta I have lost the ability to use ANY data on the iPhone, although voice calls are working correctly. There are now settings around 5G (normal mode and reduced bandwidth options), or setting LTE. I have tried using each of the settings, rebooting the phone, but still no data at all.

I suspect the LTE option is locking the phone into a "pure" LTE mode and not accepting the 3G service option 😞

Notacop06

Did you by chance update to the iOS 15.4 beta? I’m running into the identical situation and symptoms you are. 

Marshallbasarab

I did, still doesn’t work

Marshallbasarab

I know but it won’t work

@Marshallbasarab  - did you confirm you have data left on your plan for this cycle?

See @HALIMACS post what it look like if you have some left.

If it does not exist, this generally means you used it all up for this cycle. So, you would have to wait for renewal time, or purchase a data addon.

Marshallbasarab

It’s updated and I said I updated it and I checked it’s fully updated and it’s connected to wifi

Marshallbasarab

Just tried doing that, it didn’t work sadly, I will be gone for the next couple hours so I will figure this out later hopefully my phone will work later!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marshallbasarab : Can you connect to wifi (not cell data) and go into About phone and check for updates.

Marshallbasarab

Let me try that!

@Marshallbasarab wrote:

No I use public moblie, it should say that.

@Marshallbasarab  - did you try a Reset of your Network Settings?

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Marshallbasarab

Yeah thanks man I appreciate it

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Marshallbasarab 

Please also change your APN setting to sp.mb.com.This is possibly why your data service is not working.

Full settings here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartphone...

Except Public Mobile IS TELUS.

TELUS owns Koodo & Public Mobile.

Marshallbasarab

No I use public moblie, it should say that.

@Marshallbasarab wrote:

The imei does nothing I’m pretty sure, and also I reseted the network settings multiple times

@Marshallbasarab  - whatever you are comfortable with.

But it is a security / fraud risk.  If someone wanted to, it can be used against you, if you are freely advertising.

@Marshallbasarab 

Someone could get your device blacklisted with the IMEI.

Better safe than sorry - recommend removing the picture containing the IMEI.   To do that, click on the down arrow and edit your message.

Does your data work now that TELUS is showing as the network?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Marshallbasarab 

I can imagine this must be stressful, and doubly so if you've already been under duress recently.

Unfortunately PM agents will not be able to help diagnose a device issue, which is what this sounds like.

It's quite possibly this is related to your recent phone update. Have you restarted your phone again since after the update was completed?

Unless our friends here in this community have other ideas, you may have to take your phone to a neighbourhood repair shop to see if they have additional ideas they can offer you after looking at your phone.

Let us know how it goes. All the best - we'll be rooting for ya 🙂

Marshallbasarab

I do, I checked a long time ago and now it says I have Telus as my carrier

E9D74D31-A59D-401F-8A0F-6CC254B320B0.png

Marshallbasarab

The imei does nothing I’m pretty sure, and also I reseted the network settings multiple times

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Marshallbasarab  - Also, check that you have data left on your plan, by logging into your My Account and seeing if any data line exists under the Overview tab.

EDIT - yes, exactly what @HALIMACS  just posted....🙃

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Marshallbasarab 

Do you have data remaining on your data allotment?

Also, try manually selecting the 3G under the network choice, as opposed to LTE where it's currently pointing.

Check here in self-serve to see:

HALIMACS_0-1643484327055.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Marshallbasarab  - please remove those pics with imei of your device.

Have you rebooted your phone recently, try that.

Also try to perform a reset of your network settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.