cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data-new transfer

Nancywang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred over to public mobile. I have wifi, I can call but I don’t have data. When I turn off wifi nothing shows up not lte not 5g nothing.

I have an iPhone 12.

7 REPLIES 7

Nancywang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I rebooted it and now it works. Thank you!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nancywang , check that you have mobile data turned on and confirm the APN settings.  The fact that you can call means the network connection is fine. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Nancywang wrote:

I just transferred over to public mobile. I have wifi, I can call but I don’t have data. When I turn off wifi nothing shows up not lte not 5g nothing.

I have an iPhone 12.

@Nancywang , as others here have stated, for data to work is it turned on?

Turn On This Line

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nancywang 

More details would be helpful.  Wifi and Data are different.  So, your data does not work. You calls work, but  can you receive phone calls?  What about texting?  Did you port over from another company?  or got a new number?

Maybe try rebooting your phone. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nancywang 

Does texting in and out work?

Wifi has nothing to do with mobile service.

Ensure DATA switch is toggled on and try resetting APN and network connections

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

So you ported your number over to Public Mobile? Did you receive a text message from your old service provider asking permission to port? If so, did you say yes? If you didn't, the port may not have been completed. You may require assistance from the PM porting team. Answer my previous questions and if warranted, I'll send you the number to call.

Need Help? Let's chat.