cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limit reached but have not used them all

Scion47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I noticed that my data is not working and upon checking my account, it says that I have used all my data on my plan. But I have checked the history and I have not used all of it yet. Is there a chance to get my unused data back? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Scion47 ,

I recommend you use an app to track your data usage by your 30 day cycle.

If you are an Android user try downloading the Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use it, and it works great.

If you are Apple, I am sure there is an app that can track data by 30 day cycles as well.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Scion47 

The data showing consumed on the self-serve landing page under My Data & Add Ons IS accurate for the current cycle.

The data showing consumed on your device will likely default to the total data used since the first day of the current month.

Because Public Mobile's cycles will never exactly follow calendar months, you should either refer to the self-serve landing page for precise data usage  -OR-  (if your device allows this option) reset your data counter on your device at the end of the day before your Public Mobile cycle renews.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Scion47 wrote:

Hi, I noticed that my data is not working and upon checking my account, it says that I have used all my data on my plan. But I have checked the history and I have not used all of it yet. Is there a chance to get my unused data back? Thanks!

Hi @Scion47 

EDITED as oracle @Luddite had already chosen the Accepted Solution

Have a nice day everyone

RosieR

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Scion47 

The data counter in your account is very accurate. Did you recently go thru renewal? Very occasionally your data counter does not reset. Go back thru your daily usage logs and add up your data usage to see if this is a possibility....if so then contact the moderators. Otherwise make sure your phones data tracker is set on the correct 30 day cycle and look thru your apps to see where you could have used your data accidently or if you had a software update while on mobile data. Setting your data warning and limiter will help you avoid using up your data unknowingly. Did you not recieve a text from pm warning you when you had used 75% and 95% of your data?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account.  Under data and add-ons if no amount is showing then you have used up your allotment.  You could purchase a 1GB add-on for $15 which will remain in your account and rollover to the next month until used up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scion47 : If you don't see a data line item under My Data & Add-ons on the overview page of your self-serve account then you've used it all. Check your phone for what may have sucked down all your data. OS updates, app updates, background sync-ing etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.