cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data issue.

Kayla691
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve had 4gb Of data and bought another 1gb and somehow it’s gone. I’ve been in wifi is it possible to get reimbursed the data back?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kayla691 wrote:

No hotspot and I did purchase the1gb after as well. No one uses my phone but me 

After what?

Would you be interested in posting your payment history from the self-serve showing your renewals and add-on purchases? Or even just the last 30 days to start off. Blank out personal info of course.

@Kayla691 go into your self serve and goto  where it says "account status active" and underneath "change plan" click "view my usage" it'll show you when and how much data was used on those days.

Kayla691

No hotspot and I did purchase the1gb after as well. No one uses my phone but me 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kayla691 wrote:

Yeah I’ve been into my settings so many time’s to fix it all and it keeps happening. I make sure my data’s off and somehow it’s still gone

Could you go back in your payment history and look for the add-on purchases. You're either burning your data or not purchasing the add-on. It seems very unlikely to be a fault with the service. Indeed does anybody else have access to your phone? Or using hotspot?

Kayla691

Nope it’s just me. And I don’t watch them on my phone aha

@Kayla691 maybe someone in the family watches movies on your phone?

Kayla691

Yeah I’ve been into my settings so many time’s to fix it all and it keeps happening. I make sure my data’s off and somehow it’s still gone

Kayla691

I have done all of that already unfortunately and it still happens. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kayla691 wrote:

I submitted a ticket. This is the third time it’s happened. 

Is your phone set to flip to cell data if and when wifi disconnects or becomes weak?

Are you sure you're not burning through it somehow in the background? Have you used all your 4gb?

Edit: ninja'd

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kayla691 I have the same problem when I first started with PM. The following are the recommendation from the Moderator:

In order for you to have more control over you data usage, we recommend turning off data when is not needed. Also disabling Wi-Fi assist (for iPhone) or Smart network switch (for Android) to avoid the phone connects and jumps automatically from Wi-Fi to data. 

It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.  

You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .

You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone. 

Hopefully it helps your situation. Last time they add back the data to me.

Kayla691

I submitted a ticket. This is the third time it’s happened. 

Kayla691

No

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Kayla691 basically, what @Anonymous is trying to say is to make sure the $15 is in your available funds.

I was trying to get at whether they had done the second step. If they answered yes then they didn't. I have mixed success dumping a bunch of questions on fellow customers. They usually ignore most of them and maybe answer the last one. So sometimes I just try to ask one question which would lead to a conclusion.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Kayla691 basically, what @Anonymous is trying to say is to make sure the $15 is in your available funds. For add-ons, you need to make sure there are funds in your account so that the system can bill you right away.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 10.49.29 PM.png

In your self-serve account, for purchasing add-ons, it stats that you need to add funds to your account. If you don't have enough funds, then you need to apply 'x' amount into your account, don't forget the taxes on top of that, so make sure just put in $20 depending on what Province you are.

Another way you can verify is to see in your overview status. In my case, I have used very little of the data.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 10.49.12 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kayla691 wrote:

I’ve had 4gb Of data and bought another 1gb and somehow it’s gone. I’ve been in wifi is it possible to get reimbursed the data back?

Do you still see at least $15 in your Available Funds?

Need Help? Let's chat.