cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is being used or turned on but shown some usage

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does anyone of you experience charged usage on data but never used?

I have an add-on of data purchased on Mar 4. I have not turned on my data for the past few days as I have wifi at home. I checked on my usage and it showed that I have 5 mb used. In the usage history, it showed that I have been on the web with 0 mb used. And I sent to Moderator yesterday and got a reply this morning as following bullets:

• In order for you to have more control over you data usage, we recommend turning off data when is not needed. Also disabling Wi-Fi assist (for iPhone) or Smart network switch (for Android) to avoid the phone connects and jumps automatically from Wi-Fi to data.
  • It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.
  • You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .
  • You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone.

I have turned off all the apps being used my mobile data now.

1 REPLY 1

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, 5 MB can be used without doing anything. It's being used in the background; even when just connecting. I had 5 MB usage from simply turning ON cellular data for a new phone/plan; both at PM and a UK service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.