cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data did not renew when plan renewed

kittycanuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My boyfriends PM account renewed today (despite saying in My Account that it would renew on the 24th), but the data did not renew.

This past month he ran out of data, but we thought it would turn back on when his plan renewed. He was charged the full amount for the plan today (90 days, 3+3GB 3G data, provincial talk, international text) but the data still does not work. It does not even appear in the My Account section.

Is there just a delay in turning the data back on, or do we actually have to DO something inside the account to turn it back on?

I have tried to purchase an add-on for 1GB of data, and PM took my money and put it in my balance but when I try to actually buy that add-on it just re-routes me to the Add-on page and does not actually purchase the add on.

12 REPLIES 12

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TimothesXII

Are you on a 3G plan with PM?  There is a known issue with data amounts not resetting at the same time as your plan renewal. You need to msg the mods and provide them with your name, account number, and an explanation of the issue. They'll look into it and be able to manually reset your data.

Use this link: @CS_Agent, to send them the message and they can make the change for you.

TimothesXII
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am Currently having this issue, My account renewed today however i do not have data, please help  @CS_Agent.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Acekiller yes, very much so yes.

@kittycanuck as @imm1304 mentioned, we experienced this on some test accounts PM gave us to try out the "3G" data plans when they were introduced.  I checked with the mods again this morning, and our ticket is still being investigated (a couple of weeks later).  The moderator team, however, are aware of the potential issue, and have been communicated a workaround (essentially, to reset your data amount manually) when it does occur.  Hopefully--if you haven't already heard back from them yet--you will hear back soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @kittycanuck!

This is troubling news.  @srlawren and I reported this bug to PM 2 weeks ago as we both experienced it on the 3G plan renewal day. It was said that a ticket has been opened somewhere.  The data counter did not reset despite successful plan renewal.   I advise you to NOT purchase a data add-on as a solution to this issue.  The moderators should/will manually fix this and restore data access.  

The Moderators will do their best to fix this on case by case basis when the customer reaches out to them.  However, if this is not fixed promptly, there will be a lot of upset customers flooding the community with the exact same issue. We have reasons to believe that all 3G customers are impacted by this bug.  Those who change plans on the renewal day are spared. 

I wonder how many people don't pay attention to their usage history and won't notice this until they suddenly run out of their data allowance too early in their next cycle ...  

Acekiller

don't u wish PM would stop having so many bugs?

kittycanuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, folks!

I have PM'd the Moderator team and hopefully they can resolve the issue and get his data reactivated.

I also hope the add-on purchasing thing can be resolved too, for everyone!

mike_mccorms

Ditto. Thanks for the reply. @will13am

@mike_mccorms wrote:

@will13am thanks for this reply. No one is disputing the process for purchasing an add-on. For example for myself - I followed this process accurately and the add-on has still not been added. There is some kind of issue, it is not a matter of not following the steps properly. Thanks!

I just realized that.  I just started looking through the message history and am seeing several reports of issues purchasing addons.  Hope they can resolve this quickly.

mike_mccorms

@will13am thanks for this reply. No one is disputing the process for purchasing an add-on. For example for myself - I followed this process accurately and the add-on has still not been added. There is some kind of issue, it is not a matter of not following the steps properly. Thanks!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

With funds in the account, you should be able to go to the addons section, select the required addon and apply the account funds to purchasing it.  The addon purchase is a two step process.  Getting funds into the account is step 1. 

As for restoring data with the account renewal, that should have happened automatically when the account has returned to active status as part of the renewal process.  If the account has renewed and shown as active but data is still  not working, a moderator should be asked to take a look at the account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

closng

Hi @kittycanuck,

There shouldn't be a delay for the data to start working again after your plan is renewed. It looks like your BF's account ran into some sort of glitch during the renewal process.

The add-on system is also not working properly and there have been a few members reporting the same experience, not being able to add add-ons onto their account.

I would recommend you to send a quick message to the Moderators with your BF's account information and issue and they will help you resolve it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mike_mccorms

@kittycanuck Just as an FYI:

Regarding your issue add-on purchase, this is the third thread posted just today about this same issue. @CS_Agent has been alerted of the issue. I'm waiting on a response, since I experienced the same issue.

Here are the previous two threads:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Attempting-to-purchase-data-add-on-not-wo...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Add-Ons/m-p/193551

Need Help? Let's chat.