The number entered is not eligible for the following reason:
Porting not supported. (RC E10)
Please check your number and try again.

what's wrong?can anyone help me?

thank you 

15 REPLIES 15

wade1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this sunday I went to the koodo shop,they transfered my number to koodo,thanks. 

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @wade1,

Your account is active, so you shouldn't have any issues porting your number to Koodo. 

What exactly did the Koodo agent tell you about your transfer?

Cheers,

Kalla

@wade1 If your phone is working, what is the problem?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wade1

My phone is working right now,it can phone anyone,if nobody want to solve the problem,I will sent complaint to Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Correct. You must reactivate your Public Mobile account; pick the cheapest plan. Then you can contact Koodo to port the number.

wade1

koodo said that it PM does not release my phone number becase I do not pay the bill.they do not know how to contact with PM.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @wade1,

Were you able to get in touch with Koodo? 

Let us know.

Cheers,

Kalla

wade1

it is from PM to koodo.thank you 

Unfortunately, Koodo must sort out this problem.

If you used the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile, I suggest you change your Koodo address tonight and leave it until the port clears. This definitely helps going from Koodo to PM. I suggest changing Koodo because PM activation and account access seem to be down for maintenance.

wade1

yes,my PM account is still active but your port is hung up,I still can use my PM phone.new company is koodo,they gave me a new number,I wish that I can transfer it after monday.

@wade1 It is not clear which phone service you mean is active, so here's my take on the two scenarios:

a) your PM account is still active but your port is hung up: this is rarely caused by Public Mobile. It's more likley your new provider has not entered your PM account info correctly. You will have to talk to your new provider.

b) your PM account is inactive. Then you cannot port your PM number; only active numbers can be ported. You will have to reactivate your PM account.

Normally while a port is in progress you can make calls with your new carrier but incoming calls go to PM. Once the port completes, all outgoing/incoming calls go through the new provider.

Who is your new provider? Perhaps some members have had experience with them.

wade1

my phone is active

@wade1 You will have to reactivate your PM account to complete a transfer. The least expensive plan is 10 day Canada texting for $10.

If your account expired more than 90 days ago the account was closed and your number deleted.

Good luck with your new provider.

wade1

from Public Mobile to another company

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @wade1,

I would be happy to help you with your number transfer!

Are you porting to Public Mobile, or from Public Mobile to another company?

For a port to successful, your account with your old provider will need to be active, and in good standing. If your previous line is still active, and you wish to transfer your number to Public Mobile, please send me the following by private message:

• Public Mobile account number or phone number
  • Account number with your old provider
  • Phone number you would like to port

I will initiate the transfer for you 🙂

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.