cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connects but won't work HTC One M8

Brenda175
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

For the past few days I've been having an issue with my mobile data. My phone (HTC One M8) shows that it is connected to LTE, but whenever I try to use the internet it tells me that there is no network connection. My account is fully paid up and it shows that I still have over 5gb of data remaining. I've also tried removing and re-entering my apn settings.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

@Brenda175

It's definitely unusual. Are you able to share pictures of your data/APN settings from your phone? Sometimes little things are missing that prevent data from working.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you tried a different sim(non pm) and apn setting in your phone?

Brenda175

This is really frustrating. I've tried every suggestion in this thread. The sim card works fine in another phone, I've even done a factory reset with no joy. Could this mean I need a new phone, or is there perhaps something else I could try?

@mimmo wrote:

Before a factory rest I would try deleting the davelic cache. Usually you go into recovery the clear cache or something similar. There might also be an app to do that.

This may help with unstable rom related issues.  This is definitely not something the average user should be attempting.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Brenda175, when you go into the SIM status tab, do you see the mobile network state as connected?  I have suspicions that there may be issues with APN settings, mobile data limit being exceeded, something in this area and nothing to with cache.  

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

More likely phone issue would suggust try sim in other phone if that a doesnt help then its a service issue if you able to get data then try reinserting your sim usually helps. 

mimmo

Brenda175

I will try to find and delete the davelic cache, thank you.

Brenda175

Yes, it happened suddenly. Calls and text work fine. I will try switching to wcdma.

Thank you

mimmo

Before a factory rest I would try deleting the davelic cache. Usually you go into recovery the clear cache or something similar. There might also be an app to do that.

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did this happen suddenly? 

Calls and text work? 

Try switching the network connection to wcdma only. 

imm1304

Hey @Brenda175,

This is either the phone or the sim card issue. 

If possible, test your sim card in another compatible phone. If it works, then the issue is narrowed down to the phone.  

Try network settings reset. You will need to enter APN settings again after this.  Settings >> Backup & Reset >> Network settings Reset >> Reset settings.

If you are sure that the sim card is fine and the Netwrok settings reset didn't help, next step would be to perform a factory reset on the phone.  If that doesn't help, then there is likely a hardware issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.