cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and payment

Somayeh1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I paid two times and I want somebody to check my account. I did not want to paid two times maybe troubleshoot in the internet 

also From the day that I bought my sim card I could not call or text others when my data is off. Since other providers and even my friends who has public mobile do not have this issues. 

l am looking forward to hearing from you.

thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Somayeh1987  -

1. If you have a Public Mobile compatible phone than your services should work if you activated with a new number...OR, did you activate with a ported over number?
  2. How long ago did you activate your Public Mobile SIM card?
  3. Are you seeing Pending and Authorized charges on you credit card transactions? If so, pending one may fall away once charges becoming Authorized. If charges are showing in your Available Funds see others advice also, to leave it there for future renewals (may take just as long for a refund request)
  4. Can you log into your Self Serve account (or call 611 from your device) and see what the status of your account is..is it Active?

If your account status is Active, try some of the troubleshooting below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if calling or texting works

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Somayeh1987 wrote:

also From the day that I bought my sim card I could not call or text others when my data is off.

HI @Somayeh1987 

if it is a text issue, it might be that you are using iMessage or RCS, which needs data.  Or sending MMS, MMS needs data turned on even though it does not consume data

I paid two times and I want somebody to check my account. I did not want to paid two times maybe troubleshoot in the internet 

do you see any amount showing as Available Fund in My Account?  If you see the plan amount showing as Available fund, it is perfect, you can leave it there and PM will use that money on your next renewal.

But if you want to confirm with PM on the trouble with calling and text, you can open ticket with CS Agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Somayeh1987 

Did you accidentally get a double payment? This happens sometimes when you click on the submit payment and it doesn't look like it worked and you click again or double click initially. The extra payment is best left for the following renewal since refunds can take up to 30 days to be processed back to your card.

Your description sounds like you have an iPhone. Be sure to enable SMS/MMS in your settings so that you do not use data for messaging when not needed. MMS requires a connection to mobile data (mobile data enabled) but does not use your plan data like RCS/iMessage does....it is sent thru a separate server.

VoLTE calling being enabled is an interesting thought presented by @dust2dust  so turning it off could be a solution to your voice calling issue. Coupled with the possibility you have not updated your carrier profile thru iTunes? Otherwise some active feedback from you would be helpful. Such as your make and model of phone? Current OS or iOS version?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. If you show a balance then just leave it there for the next renewal.

2. Calling in and out should work with or without cell data or wifi. So that might indicate a whole other problem. How long has this going on? Texting might indicate that imessage on an iphone is not set to use SMS. imessage uses an old-timey instant messaging concept between idevices which needs an internet connection, either cell data or wifi. Androids have a chat (RCS) feature that would also need the internet.

Adding - I wonder if maybe possibly volte is somehow working for you for when you have cell data on.

Need Help? Let's chat.