cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data amounts

Young24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my current plan is 6GB at 4G, and I’ve got 100GB per month. I’m looking to change my subscription to get more data per month, however the subscriptions just say 50GB at 5G. How much data is that in terms of the “100GB” per month number? 

Or does that mean that if 6GB at 4G=100GB per month then 50GB at 5G=<800GB per month

3 REPLIES 3

Young24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Gotcha, my phone’s cellular settings has a Current Period section that I thought tracked how much data I was using (100GB), but this makes much more sense. 

thanks for clearing that up 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Young24 , I think you are mixing up data speed with data amount.  4G data speed is capped at 100 mbits/s.  This does not mean you consume data continuously at 100 mbits/s.  A 50GB plan will have 8.33x as much data as the 6GB plan.  Do you know roughly how much data you use per plan cycle?  Have you ever run out of data?  

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Young24 it sounds like you are confusing the numbers, 6GB is the quantity of data your plan will allow you to use and 4G is the speed that you will be able to connect to, so I'm not sure where you are seeing 100GB per month in relation to your plan?

Edit: I think the 100GB you are referring to is actually the 100mbps, which is in relation to speed not volume. So on a 5G plan the speed is capped at 250mbps (megabits per second)

Need Help? Let's chat.