cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on not working

an739729
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there

I purchased a data add on of 1 GB for $30 after I had used my data amount for the month. I see it listed under purchases on my account but when I try to use that data my phone says no connection. Can you help?

6 REPLIES 6

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you maybe set limits for the usage on your phone?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@an739729 wrote:

Hi there

I purchased a data add on of 1 GB for $30 after I had used my data amount for the month. I see it listed under purchases on my account but when I try to use that data my phone says no connection. Can you help?

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PS if your cellular data is turned on and it still shows no network connection, go into your phone settings/cellular data/ cellular network settings and make sure under ACCESS POINT NAMES "public mobile" is selected and it should state sp.mb.com (at least that is what is shows on my phone). You can also check under "available networks" and click Public Mobile here too.  When you have cellular data turned on, there should be a different icon on your phone than the usual wifi icon on top of the phone.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure it is a two step process for add-ons.  You need to add and then purchase it.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races.

When you log into your self serve account under data and add-ons  there should be amount showing.  Also make sure you enable data.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Depending on what phone you have, go into your phone settings and turn on cellular data. It is probably turned off my default. On my phone I click settings, data usage, telus and under cellular data there is a button to switch on.  Hope that helps!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try turning phone off / on.

Need Help? Let's chat.