cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on not activating

wisdom114
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I purchased a data add on of $10 for 200mb. I purchased it yesterday and my data is still not working. Is there something else I have to do after purchasing the add on? Please help.

Also when I go to my add on page I get this error

"It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic."

7 REPLIES 7

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to hear OP. 

wisdom114

Nevermind. It started to work. I guess it need some time. Thanks everyone.

wisdom114

Samsung S5

MacMe

What phone are you using?

wisdom114

Thanks. You were right it is a two part process. The first time I just added money to my account. I did not know about the second step. So I did the second step and bought the actually addon but my data is not working. I looked at the APN setting and it was correct but my data is still not working

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wisdom114 wrote:

Hi, I purchased a data add on of $10 for 200mb. I purchased it yesterday and my data is still not working. Is there something else I have to do after purchasing the add on? Please help.

Also when I go to my add on page I get this error

"It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic."

Purchasing an addon is a two step process.  The first time you "purchase" the addon the moeny actually just goes into Available Funds.  You will then need to go in and "re-purchase" your addon.  If you are at your Overview page in Self serve you should either see that amount of your addon in Available funds or the addon listed in the addon section.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MacMe

Yes, you need to modify your APN settings:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

Also make sure you purchased the add-on and not just added money to your account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Just try going to the add-on page again (or a few times) and the error should disappear.

Need Help? Let's chat.