cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Keithfo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve just been advised that I have used 95% and now 100% of my data. I don't text. I don't take pictures. I don't look things up on Google. I only use the phone to make or receive calls, and even that happens rarely. What do I need to do to my phone to make it stop using data?

5 REPLIES 5

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Keithfo wrote:

I’ve just been advised that I have used 95% and now 100% of my data. I don't text. I don't take pictures. I don't look things up on Google. I only use the phone to make or receive calls, and even that happens rarely. What do I need to do to my phone to make it stop using data?

Today's smartphones use data without telling you.  This can be from updates, background usage, or checking e-mail.  Do you ever have any desire to use data?  If not, you can ignore the usage since there will never be extra charges for using data (add-ons would need to be purchased to use more data).

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Keithfo 

If you don’t text or photo, it won’t use data. Unless you sent MMS (text with photo) and googling will use data.

It could be the data app on your photo that is giving you notice but PM is on a 30 days cycle and the app is probably on a monthly cycle so it won’t match up.

Texting messaging doesn't use data.  MMS doesn't use data that counts towards the usage counter.

AveragePerson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can turn off your phone's data.  If you have an android phone:

Open your phone's Settings app.
Tap Network & internet and then Internet.
Next to your carrier, tap Settings .
Turn Mobile data on or off.

iPhone:

To turn cellular data on or off, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data.

I would check your data usage to see what app is using it the most.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Keithfo 

If you don’t text or photo, it won’t use data. Unless you sent MMS (text with photo) and googling will use data.

It could be the data app on your photo that is giving you notice but PM is on a 30 days cycle and the app is probably on a monthly cycle so it won’t match up.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Keithfo 

how much monthly data you got? 250Mb?

login to My Account using incognito/private/secret mode on your browser and confirm the usage there

and check Usage History page for details usage

if in doubt, ask PM support agent

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.