cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage and Prices

iamfernandan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I've signed for the $25 plan that has 500Mb of data (plus another 500Mb when signed up with AutoPay). So that's 1Gb. But I am wondering, how much would cost me to buy more data before my 30 days are over? Do I pay for extra data usage or do I pay for pre-paid packages? I am afraid I might go over the 1Gb before the end of the month...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@iamfernandan wrote:

So I've signed for the $25 plan that has 500Mb of data (plus another 500Mb when signed up with AutoPay). So that's 1Gb. But I am wondering, how much would cost me to buy more data before my 30 days are over? Do I pay for extra data usage or do I pay for pre-paid packages? I am afraid I might go over the 1Gb before the end of the month...

@iamfernandan   Data add-ons available cost $15/1GB or $5/200 MB.  Good thing about them is they act as a great back up/insurance for the odd time you run out of plan data before renewal.  Plus they don't expire and remainders of the add-on will roll over until depleted.

Or you can upgrade your plan if you are needing more than the 1GB on a regular basis available in your current plan, of course.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@iamfernandan wrote:

@iamfernandan   Data add-ons available cost $15/1GB or $5/200 MB.  Good thing about them is they act as a great back up/insurance for the odd time you run out of plan data before renewal.  Plus they don't expire and remainders of the add-on will roll over until depleted.

Or you can upgrade your plan if you are needing more than the 1GB on a regular basis available in your current plan, of course.

@iamfernandan wrote:

There are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile. After using all data in your plan, you would need to purchase a data add-on or get the moderators to renew your plan early for you.  There is a 1GB data add-on for $15.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there!

In case you need to get more data on top of the 1 GB, you will need to buy a data Add-on. You can find the information about the Add-ons that Public Mobile has available by clicking the following link :  https://bit.ly/2xQ0PWC.

Best Regards. 

iamfernandan

Thank you.

So it basically means I can buy the add-on and use it as soon as I ran out of data from my original plan, right? What happens when the month is over and the next 1Gb from my plan are available again? Is the remaining of the add-on data used first? Or is it saved to be used again when I run out of data?

iamfernandan

Thank you for the link. I'll check for prices and add-on packages there.

@iamfernandan wrote:

Thank you.

So it basically means I can buy the add-on and use it as soon as I ran out of data from my original plan, right? What happens when the month is over and the next 1Gb from my plan are available again? Is the remaining of the add-on data used first? Or is it saved to be used again when I run out of data?

@iamfernandan   I'd buy the add-on straight away and it will stay on your account and only get used when your plan data is completely consumed before renewal resets it.  Domestic add-ons don't expire and even if you change plans remaining portions of the add-on stay with your account for as long as it takes to use them up completely.

iamfernandan

That's what I was wondering. Thank you! 🙂

@iamfernandan wrote:

Thank you.

Hi @iamfernandan on your next cycle, the data included in your plan will be used first.  What is good about add-on is that they rollover the next cycle until fully consumed.

RosieR

popping
Oracle
Oracle

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the Chat button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally. Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle. Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.