cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage and Prices

iamfernandan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I've signed for the $25 plan that has 500Mb of data (plus another 500Mb when signed up with AutoPay). So that's 1Gb. But I am wondering, how much would cost me to buy more data before my 30 days are over? Do I pay for extra data usage or do I pay for pre-paid packages? I am afraid I might go over the 1Gb before the end of the month...

11 REPLIES 11

blue88

Just keep in mind that apparently if you don't buy or receive a data add-on/top-up/bonus/giveaway before your monthly 1 GB runs out, you will have to use some other internet access in order to be able to log in and purchase a data add-on, such as public WiFi or a friend's internet access.

@iamfernandan 

Welcome to public mobile! It's great to see you asking questions and figuring out how your service works with public mobile. Knowledge is power....the power to control what you spend and how to manage your account.

Everything here is pre-paid and with the exception of autopay if used to pay for your renewal it will attempt to charge you card once to pay for your plan amount minus any rewards or funds in your balance. Many of us top up our accounts just before renewal to ensure we never lose service just in case a rare autopay failure happens. You will still recieve the $2 autopay reward regardless of whether the card is used....vouchers can be used instead. You can learn more here on vouchers....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

There are never any overages, extra fees or billing or hidden charges. If you want to purchase an add on you must add the funds to your balance first then choose an add on and submit it for purchase. If you want to change you plan you can schedule it to change on your next renewal or add the funds and change it now. Choosing "now" changes your plan immediately and starts a new 30 day cycle. There are no credits, refunds or proration of the unused portion of your plan.

To maximize your plans data alottment to get the most usage you should enable all of your data savings options available in your phone. Use your data saver, data warning and limiter options (these prevent data usage surprises of an app using high amounts of data unbeknownst to you and suddenly getting a data warning from pm that you have used 90% of your data.**) Turn off all background data in your apps as these can use up to 38% of your data. Background data is unnecessary for the operation of your apps. Turn off wifi assist or the android equivalent. Reset your billing cycle as per your 30 day cycle to keep your phone's data usage tracker as close to your data counter in your account.

Purchasing the $15/1gb data add on to supplement your plan data is a great option if you need small amounts of data near the end of your 30 day cycle as it will continue to roll over each 30 days until completely consumed and will then disappear from your account. However if you find you need 500mb+ extra per 30 days then upgrading to the $35/3gb plan (w/autopay) is a more econonmical option as you will recieve 2gb of plan data for only $10 more. Monitoring your data for your first cycle will give you a good idea of how much data you will need each cycle.

**Public mobile data usage warnings for plan data will not be recieved when you have a data add on in your account until 90% of all data on your account is reached.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the Chat button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally. Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle. Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.

@iamfernandan wrote:

Thank you.

So it basically means I can buy the add-on and use it as soon as I ran out of data from my original plan, right? What happens when the month is over and the next 1Gb from my plan are available again? Is the remaining of the add-on data used first? Or is it saved to be used again when I run out of data?

Hi @iamfernandan on your next cycle, the data included in your plan will be used first.  What is good about add-on is that they rollover the next cycle until fully consumed.

RosieR

iamfernandan

That's what I was wondering. Thank you! 🙂

@iamfernandan wrote:

Thank you.

So it basically means I can buy the add-on and use it as soon as I ran out of data from my original plan, right? What happens when the month is over and the next 1Gb from my plan are available again? Is the remaining of the add-on data used first? Or is it saved to be used again when I run out of data?

@iamfernandan   I'd buy the add-on straight away and it will stay on your account and only get used when your plan data is completely consumed before renewal resets it.  Domestic add-ons don't expire and even if you change plans remaining portions of the add-on stay with your account for as long as it takes to use them up completely.

iamfernandan

Thank you for the link. I'll check for prices and add-on packages there.

iamfernandan

Thank you.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there!

In case you need to get more data on top of the 1 GB, you will need to buy a data Add-on. You can find the information about the Add-ons that Public Mobile has available by clicking the following link :  https://bit.ly/2xQ0PWC.

Best Regards. 

@iamfernandan wrote:

So I've signed for the $25 plan that has 500Mb of data (plus another 500Mb when signed up with AutoPay). So that's 1Gb. But I am wondering, how much would cost me to buy more data before my 30 days are over? Do I pay for extra data usage or do I pay for pre-paid packages? I am afraid I might go over the 1Gb before the end of the month...

There are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile. After using all data in your plan, you would need to purchase a data add-on or get the moderators to renew your plan early for you.  There is a 1GB data add-on for $15.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@iamfernandan wrote:

@iamfernandan   Data add-ons available cost $15/1GB or $5/200 MB.  Good thing about them is they act as a great back up/insurance for the odd time you run out of plan data before renewal.  Plus they don't expire and remainders of the add-on will roll over until depleted.

Or you can upgrade your plan if you are needing more than the 1GB on a regular basis available in your current plan, of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.