cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Stopped working all of a sudden

Duff919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Day,

I am on the 90 day 90$ plan with 1 GB data and unlimited voice and sms.

I have been on PM for about 6 months and absolutely no issues until 3 or 4 days ago my data just stopped working.

Voice and sms still fine.

I have a One Plus X phone on Android 6.0.1.

When I try to access my PM here is the message I get.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am losing my mind...no reason at all just random stopped working.

I have never come close to using my 1 GB per month and currently at 110 MB for the month and next auto payment is not due until 16 Dec.

Duff

20161201_170130.jpg20161201_170147.jpg20161201_170202.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Duff919 you are welcome... if you use Shaw for your home internet then you could subscribe for free to "shaw open" ..i live in surrey,bc and shaw open covers all major spots around surrey and vancouver ( all city rec centres, many private store as bakerys etc... ) ...although i do have the promo plan with 12gb/90days i rarely use up more than 600mb thanks to shaw....i really only keep the plan for emergency in case i travel outside the shaw open area and cost the same as the current 90 day plan ...

Duff919

@jheili99

You are right went back to 19 Sep and I was at 1 GB from today...so add on the 18/17/16 Sep I was definitely over the 1 GB for the 90 days...sucks as I did really think it was 1 GB per month not for the 90 days..

Thanks for figuring this out for me...off to buy some more data before the 16 Dec when my current 90 day cycle ends

jheili99

@Duff919 yeah...there were already numerous people thinking, that they would get 12GB/month with the recent promotional plan....but it is not.... all data on the 90 day plans are advertised as xxGB for the entire term ( and also displayed as xxGB on average per month )...sometimes confusing enough...

cheers

Duff919

@jheili99

I think you are correct...it would totally make sense..I am going to go over my usage from the 16 Sep until now and see what it actually is...

jheili99

@Duff919 aha..no, it's 1GB for the entire 90 days ( many people got that already wrong....) .... that means it is very well possible that your data is used up as it is only 333 mb on average per month....

2 options:

1. purchase data add-on

2. wait until your renewal day....

cheers

Duff919

@jheili99

Pick & Pay

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB Data
  • - 3 Choices (Grandfathered)
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
$90 per 90 Days

I think this is 1 GB per month but I am not 100% certain..

jheili99

@Duff919

also: if that's the plan you had 90$-90days.unltd. talk,text and 1GB of data then this is the issue:

1GB is the total for 90 days ( average of 333mb/month ) .... it's not 1GB /month ..that is if i read your plan details you posted right.... that would mean that your data could very well be used up .....

not saying it could not be a bug in the system, but i bet, if you purchase the data add-on all will be fine again....

cheers

jheili99

@Duff919 so what are your plan details exactly as i can't find your 90 $ plan at all for 90 day....?

i'm with PM since 4 month now and i used to have the old 90 day, unlt. prov. call,unltd. text and 3gb plan but this was 120.00 + tax... so just wondering what your plan details were about?

Duff919

@jheili99

I only download updates when I am on WIFI at home so I don't think this is the issue of going over my data.

As well I have a warning set for 500 MB and have never got a warning in the 6 months I have been with PM.

All good info...glad that people are giving me suggestions to fix this

Duff919

@Bean...I had actually PM @Mary_M about 1 Hr ago...still waiting for a response though...she was the only Mod on when I first came on line so tried her at first...@imm1304 told me to post this in the discussion as I would get a quicker response

jheili99

@Duff919 hi...

you phone is most likely set to download updates automatically thus your data will be used up without you even knowing...

example: Samsung phones are being prepared for the Android Nougat update thus "pushing" out updates..by default all samsung phones are set to automatically install these updates...this update+ google store updates alone are about 300-350 mb ...!!!!!

i would check your phone first, because if the system tells you that you used up all data ( and there haven't been any posts recently to conclude that this could be a bug in the system ) then it is something related to your phone setting, thus a moderator wouldn't reset your data for free understandably .....

just error eliminating as the moderators will tell you to check these things anyways..

cheers

Bean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Duff919

@ajanda

Wow 12 days...ouch...I hope that is not the case for me!

I will try to PM @Shazia_K with the info you provided....and fingers crossed that I get a speedy response

Thanks

Duff

Duff919

@Vickel...unfortunately I do not have another or older phone that works...so no I have not

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
have you tried the PM sim in another phone?

ajanda

Sounds like something the Mods might have to deal with. Seems like you have eliminated that it is not a problem with the handset by using another SIM Card. The mods are very busy dealing with the recent promo plan porting issues. The first intial respone time is 12 days. Smiley Sad

Dave_M had made a support announcement today. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-on-support/m-p/114863

Try PM @Shazia_K with your relative Account #, SIM Card# etc.. Follow this link on how to send a private message to a Mod: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

**Do not post any of this info on the community threads.

Regards

Duff919

@ajanda....this was the first thing I tried...I deleted all my APN's and created a new one with the info in the link you provided...no luck

As well I thought maybe my phone was having issues with the SIM slot so switched it with my work SIM and it worked fine...

As well I did a full system reset on my phone...still no data

Very frustrating to say the least.

Duff

ajanda

@Duff919 Have you tried to see if somehow you APN settings have been erased or changed.

Follow this link: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr...

Also go to settings, data usage and toggle cellular data off/on to see if that makes a difference. Lastly try restarting your phone as well.

Regards

Need Help? Let's chat.