cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Issues - PM Texts & Website Information Different

newteacher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting texts that I used up (just tonight) 100% of my data. I have continuously checked my Account information at it says out of 250MB I've only used 29.29MB. It's frustrating because I need my data for my job to download any texted images (they are occasional, but necessarily and I got one just moments ago). 

Any ways to fix this? I'd like this fixed asap.

7 REPLIES 7

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Try putting your phone in airplane mode, and then when intje "My Account" portal, refreshing the "Plan Usage" using the circle arrow in the bottom right of the section/widget:  (And then take your phone out of airplane mode... and refresh again to see if any further change is observed)

new-selfserve-refresh.png

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@newteacher 

call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN and check it out data usage.

the system there is a new design but everything is fine. after trying to use the computer browser, clearing cache/cookies and using a page in private mode,

or in the main page, click the small circular arrow icon in the lower right corner to update.

newteacher

@softech I'll test that out, thanks!

newteacher

@will13am I will do that, thank you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@newteacher 

If you sort out and refresh your self-serve account usage page it is likely that the text was in error especially if you did not get a 75% and/or a 95% usage text before you got the 100% usage text then it really does sound like an errant text. So definitely go by the refreshed usage page in your self serve account.

"Download text images"Are you talking about MMS messages? If so you do not require any plan data to send or receive MMS as it uses a different server. So if you do run out of mobile data your MMS will still work.

Edit:

Ninja'd!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@newteacher , use incognito mode.  The self serve information could be a stale cached version. Also MMS uses unmetered mobile data that does not count against your usage.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@newteacher  so, your data is working still?  yes, this text glitch is common

Just to be sure, use Incognito mode to login to My Account to confirm what you see is the accurate info.  The site has lots of cache issue and it might not show the correct info without using Incognito mode

Need Help? Let's chat.