cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-on

scentsitive1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data usage maxed out for the month. I intended to add 1GB for $15, but accidentally purchased the US package. When I realized my mistake, I went back and purchased the 1GB data add-on but it’s not showing up under my account info. Is there a way to cancel the wrong entry? And why do I still not have available data? Is there a delay in data activation? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

sunnyrose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hairbag1 wrote:

@sunnyrose wrote:

It's two problems. First the refund for wrong package purchase. just message CS_agent and open a ticket to get refund;  2nd it's the add-on you bought didn't show up, this is a bug of public mobile, when you commit to buy it, it only add the money into the account, let's say $15, but DID NOT actually buy the addon, so you need go back and buy it again using the $15 in your account.  I buy the addon many times before and that's the bug PM never fixed after several years. 

@scentsitive1 

I'm not certain if that's the case any longer. I think that PM changed the way add-ons were purchased sometime last fall. Now you just select the add-on you want from the menu...then BUY it. No longer have to add  $$ to Available Funds first.

My bad, looks like they fixed it after 2 years. Thanks for the head up. 

@sunnyrose wrote:

It's two problems. First the refund for wrong package purchase. just message CS_agent and open a ticket to get refund;  2nd it's the add-on you bought didn't show up, this is a bug of public mobile, when you commit to buy it, it only add the money into the account, let's say $15, but DID NOT actually buy the addon, so you need go back and buy it again using the $15 in your account.  I buy the addon many times before and that's the bug PM never fixed after several years. 

@scentsitive1 

I'm not certain if that's the case any longer. I think that PM changed the way add-ons were purchased sometime last fall. Now you just select the add-on you want from the menu...then BUY it. No longer have to add  $$ to Available Funds first.

sunnyrose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@scentsitive1 

where you able to get in on the More Is Merrier 2GB free data that PM offered everyone last month ? Have a look and see if you've got it or used it up already...

plan.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@scentsitive1   while PM support is prepaid and usually do not provide refund, they will likely help with honest mistake like this.

Please open ticket with PM support

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

(for the issue the 1GB not show up, likely just browser cache problem. try to login My Account again using incognito mode)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@scentsitive1 @try going in incognito there are cache issues and refresh page on the lil spinner thingy when logged in for up to date account info 

as for a refund of any sort you need support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.