cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-On Usage

SwishyWashy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day,

Apologies if this has been answered, but I can't find a clear answer.

Question regarding my son's account.  He is a low data user and is on the $15 per month plan with bonus 250 mb for auto renew (grandfathered plan as PM removed the 250mb data).  He's away this summer and will need some extra data for a couple of months.  While changing plans might make sense in the short term, we don't want to lose the $15/month plan.  He has some grandfathered promo data (and possibly an old add-on).  We would prefer to not use this data,  as it allows him to keep data on his cheapo plan without adding it monthly (his monthly use is very small, so we don't want to add monthly data each month..).  Was curious to know if he adds a 1 GB add-on (which is now expirable), would that data get used 1st?  

If his old promo data and old non-expirable add-ons are used first, it makes 0 sense to buy the add on. 

Thanks for any advice.

3 REPLIES 3

SwishyWashy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks.  I think he will have some data left from the rewards bonus, too.  That clarifies things!  Thanks. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

First data plan is used.
Then loyalty data bonus.
Then purchased add-ons.
And finally holiday bonuses.

@SwishyWashy 

The newly purchased expiring data would be used up first.  Then any of the older grandfathered add ons.  

Did he get the 150 day loyalty add on (5GB with 150 day expirary date)?  That would also be used up first before the older add ons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.