cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard and Usage History

CookieJr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have been a PM user for about 6 months now. Had trouble with the 'Usage History' from the start (values didn't match or add up) but I was heartened by lots of chatter about that system being /broken' and it was going to be fixed. Life today is busy and complex so I got drawn away from that issue until just recently when I decided to go back and have a look. The first thing I noticed was that I was now being charged for incoming calls (I had been told when I signed up that they would be 'free' and my initial investigations at the time confirmed that they were! The other current issue is that it appears that sometimes I am charged for the data that I use to send/receive MMS messages (which I was also told would be 'free'). Oh yah, the filtered 'data' usage also seems to be a couple of days behind! This whole 'Usage History' thing consumes a whole lot more time than I can really afford, what with the information issues and then the aforementioned 'free' items not appearing as 'free' any more. Please, can someone please clarify?!

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CookieJr 

Public Mobile offers a detailed usage history that many providers more or less did away with  when they got rid of paper billing. You have access to every SMS/MMS text, incoming and outgoing calling minutes and calls forwarded to your voicemail. Your mobile data is updated  twice daily in two 12 hour blocks of time. Only the date filters work in your self serve account but you can download up to the previous 90 days of usage and use the filters in your excel files to isolate the usage of specific features of your plan.

Calls to the same number ending in 4001 are incoming calls forwarded to your voicemail or you calling your voicemail. Any minute or data counters in your account out will show up to date usage as long as you use the refresher icons at the bottom of the page or by logging in using secret/incognito mode.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CookieJr 

I am on the $15.00 plan.

When I have used my 100 outgoing calling allotment, I can STILL RECEIVE incoming calls, yet can no longer make outgoing calls - ergo, incoming calls are free.

When I have consumed my 250mb data, I can STILL send and receive MMS messages when data is toggled on - ergo, they do not consume data from the data allotment.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CookieJr they (incoming calls and MMS) are just showing  there, but not being charged

you can download the Usage history in Excel and trying to add them up to confirm.  For voice minute, they will all rounded up to the next minute for actual minute calculation (assuming you are on $15 plans which outgoing calls are limited)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The usage details are simply a log of all the activity on your account. You are NOT being charged anything. You're paying for all Canada-wide calling and all inbound calls. You're paying for all texting. You're paying for a certain amount of data. MMS does not consume data out of your data allotment.

Need Help? Let's chat.